Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #1

What is this relay?(Hawk)

So one of many threads I have ongoing today. Long story short, Bike is not yet running I am doing some mods before connecting and firing her up. Was looking at the under seat stuff and noticed that this relay is broken. Does anyone know what it does and where I can get a new one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200411_132852.jpg (79.4 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg relay.jpg (37.9 KB, 326 views)
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 04-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #2

Flasher relay
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-12-2020, 12:49 AM   #3

take it out turn on bike and directional indicators won't work......
Try it you will see.
Black is Ign12v grew goes to left side switch then goes to either left or right side (light blue or orange) then with this attached either turn signals will work..

Old 04-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #4

Dan thanks

NZ the bike is in pieces, as i think i said. So firing up is not an option. If you dont have anything helpful to say why do you feel the need to respond with snarky comments?
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 04-12-2020, 11:38 AM   #5

It’s hard to convey a technical conversation in 50 words and no pictures. I’m sure NZ was just trying to help. Pump the hate brakes.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 04-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #6

Red Hawk, so I'm hating if I point out a snarky remark "Try it you will see" but saying that is ok. I know I'm a noob and some of my questions are possibly stupid or irritating to some, I've never had a bike before and due to illness and hospitalization last year the bike was dismantled and then abandoned for 11 months. I did say that I was unable to connect and test the bike so I feel that "Try it you will see" was not particularly helpful. If a question from someone does irritate you and you feel you want to shout RFTM, perhaps dont respond.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nij_tp View Post
Red Hawk, so I'm hating if I point out a snarky remark "Try it you will see" but saying that is ok. I know I'm a noob and some of my questions are possibly stupid or irritating to some, I've never had a bike before and due to illness and hospitalization last year the bike was dismantled and then abandoned for 11 months. I did say that I was unable to connect and test the bike so I feel that "Try it you will see" was not particularly helpful. If a question from someone does irritate you and you feel you want to shout RFTM, perhaps dont respond.
There was nothing snarky in NZ’s post at all your reply to both him and now Red Hawk certainly are not only snarky but downright disrespectful .
In your first post in this thread ,you only said the bike isn’t running yet nothing about the bike being completely torn down at all .How was NZ to know you tore the bike down to the point that turning on the key and flipping the blinker switch ( he didn’t suggest running the bike )or at least suggesting you try that (which was spot on advice by the way ) would have you posting crap in his direction ,and then again at Red Hawk ? .
Clearly you are someone who requires help with your bike ,proper and free advice was given ,and you felt the need to snap on two members that tried to help you out ,instead of just thinking about what they said .I wouldn’t be too surprised if nobody bothers to help you in the future with the disrespectful nature of your posts .

Old 04-12-2020, 07:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Dan thanks

NZ the bike is in pieces, as i think i said. So firing up is not an option. If you dont have anything helpful to say why do you feel the need to respond with snarky comments?
Diagnostics tech details and info - did it not help to learn?

I have zero tone when I write ( i do not hear or see it)

The description I gave will let you see what does what n why and how it works etc

Old 04-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone for there help. Whilst running the bike was not an option I possibly could have connected a battery and done some electrical test. There aren't that many so it could have been a fairly quick process. I personally don't think pointing out that to myself "try it out and see" feels like a snarky comment, is being a hater, which is basically what i was being called, by RedHawk. I get that you guys are friends/associates through your many combined years of wrenching on these and probably other bikes, and so want to defend what you see as injustices/slights and even insults. I understand that it is better to teach a man to fish and NZ gave some really helpful info in the 2nd half of his reply to do with the colors, but when I read it I was struck by the way the first half came across, if I could just try it, maybe I would have. So I would like to take this opportunity to say to NZ thank you for explaining the wiring colors and which circuit this relay is for.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for there help. Whilst running the bike was not an option I possibly could have connected a battery and done some electrical test. There aren't that many so it could have been a fairly quick process. I personally don't think pointing out that to myself "try it out and see" feels like a snarky comment, is being a hater, which is basically what i was being called, by RedHawk. I get that you guys are friends/associates through your many combined years of wrenching on these and probably other bikes, and so want to defend what you see as injustices/slights and even insults. I understand that it is better to teach a man to fish and NZ gave some really helpful info in the 2nd half of his reply to do with the colors, but when I read it I was struck by the way the first half came across, if I could just try it, maybe I would have. So I would like to take this opportunity to say to NZ thank you for explaining the wiring colors and which circuit this relay is for.
Pull the relay/flasher and turns won't work - try it..... its a diagnostic thing.
colors will help you later on etc or should you wanna add a ign on item the black is 12v with key on....

Try it and you will see the info I gave is correct n time will help you understand.