Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #1

Little heads up for Brozz 2020 owners

So far been loving this bike. Couldn't have asked for something better for what I paid. Now that she is getting broken in and I played around with some carb jetting, opening up the air box, and going over everything on the bike, I'm starting to get real familiar with her and she is really starting to shine.
Pulls like a little tractor in first and I like it. Tires leave a lot to be desired off road, but still can do some damage if you get a little confident and let em rip.. great great and better so far.
Once I get more fluent in the ways of tuning, riding, and generally just being familiar with motorcycles (I am first time owner/rider), I honestly don't know that I could justify spending more money for something similar but a "top brand" bike. This thing just fits the bill.
Anyway, to the point.
We all, I would assume, realize that for the price we pay for our machines, and given the sources, are aware that they are imperfect. They just won't be a super polished product.
That being said, for the purchase price they are pretty darn good.
A couple things have been very very annoying as of late and I just tracked them down tonight.
The first was this really annoying buzzy vibration noise I was getting intermittently from 4000 to 6000 rpm. I looked everywhere. I had my mind made up it was coming from one of the multiple places the manufacturer had a washer and cotter pin holding something on. It just sounded like a metal vibration. I checked every darn bolt on the bike. Then I pulled all the cotter pins off and took the washers down to the hardware store. There are cotters and washers on the passenger footpegs, driver footpegs, rear brake mount, rear brake actuator, and maybe one other place I am forgetting. Basically bought duplicate washers and reinstalled with double washers and heavier duty cotter pins. Cost me a whopping like $4.
Noise was still there. Driving me nuts at that point. So I electrical taped all those points to sound insulate. Noise still there. I'm going apesh!!t at this point, where the heck is this noise coming from?
It's the skid plate they added on the Brozz for the 2020 model. It is steel, sure. But the least manly, wussiest steel I've ever encountered. So I grounded her out the other day in a mud hole and it warped the plate just a little and was reverberating on the frame a tad. Tightened up the three bolts and tapped a little with the rubber mallet and now no more buzzing. Considering the plate is malleable with rubber hammer, don't put too much confidence in 'er, boys. Maybe a TT250 plate is stronger? Anyone know?
It was also making this other weird reverberation/ growling weird sound. It is the gas tank. I can't find where there is even a single bolt on the thing holding it down. There are two rubber bushings towards the front of the tank that act as shock absorbers/sound insulators. If the tank shifts a bit, it let's you know with sounds as you hit bumps. Anybody got a work around to mount this thing more solidly?
Wanted to get the word out a little for people who got these and start hearing some weird stuff going on.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:14 AM   #2

Just make a new skid plate out of a plastic cutting board. That will be the easiest/most cost effective option. Just (partially) melt it to shape with like a propane torch.

Old 06-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
It's the skid plate they added on the Brozz for the 2020 model. It is steel, sure. But the least manly, wussiest steel I've ever encountered. So I grounded her out the other day in a mud hole and it warped the plate just a little and was reverberating on the frame a tad. Tightened up the three bolts and tapped a little with the rubber mallet and now no more buzzing. Considering the plate is malleable with rubber hammer, don't put too much confidence in 'er, boys. Maybe a TT250 plate is stronger? Anyone know?
The function of the skid plate is to protect the engine from debris, abrasion if you bottom out. So it doesn't really need to be made uber tough.

Even the OEM skid plate from Toyota Hilux can be bent by hand if you are somewhat strong and trust me they can take some abuse.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #4

there are imperfections no doubt, I am still waiting on side panel and some fasteners which don't over concern me but the other day I found the right fork seal leaking and though not catastrophic is a little more concerning. fabbing a new skid plate is on my list but when the weather cooperates and I have time it is hard not to be riding her.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:04 PM   #5

I'm hopping to have mine fully assembled by monday. Got my plates yesterday. I have ONE week of school left until I graduate, so I gotta stay the course but its hard to go into the garage and see such a beautiful machine sitting there with just an hour of work still required to be ridden.