Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2020, 09:06 PM   #1

Jets and Carbs

Lately, a lot people been having issues with their carbs either being way too lean or way too rich...
People been asking for jet size, but there is something that people is not asking.
Jet for whom? A Mikuni 102.5 Main jet will flow way more fuel than a Keihin 110 Main jet.

Now in an ideal (Or original) world this should not be a problem, because Mikuni carbs will use Mikuni jets, Keihin will use their own jets and so on....
But this is not the case with most of the chinese carbs, so you may have a PZ30 that use keihin jets or a PZ30 that use mikuni jets..

Let's say that someone post that their motorcycle runs great with a PZ30 115 MJ and 40 PJ (Both Keihin) if try to replicate that with a PZ30 that uses mikunis jets and we put a 115 mikuni main and 40 mikuni Pilot, we are going to be way too rich!.

If we are going to replicate someone else jetting is very important to know what brand of jets their carbs takes

Old 07-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
If we are going to replicate someone else jetting is very important to know what brand of jets their carbs takes

That is something that is easier said than done, as long as the Chinese carbs are going to be sold with unmarked jet sizes, this problem will continue to prevail. Some carb manufacturers put some half-assed copy of a Keihin or Mikuni logo on the jet, which narrows the guessing game down some.

This issue is the main reason why I ask people to post some pictures of the jets they are working with, along with some dimensions, that way I can browse through the JetsRus website and try to match the unbranded jet with a genuine Keihin or Mikuni jet.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
That is something that is easier said than done, as long as the Chinese carbs are going to be sold with unmarked jet sizes, this problem will continue to prevail. Some carb manufacturers put some half-assed copy of a Keihin or Mikuni logo on the jet, which narrows the guessing game down some.
Those unmarked jets are a nightmare i just use them to find out what kind of jets i need to buy and then i get real ones...

Old 07-12-2020, 10:26 AM   #4

So Wild Dog, following on from your comment, if you are new to carbs and you buy one marked PZ30, how as a total novice do you know what knock off jets are in your carb if as you state above

.......with most of the chinese carbs, so you may have a PZ30 that use keihin jets or a PZ30 that use mikuni jets..

Thanks in advance
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 07-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #5

Dirtbiker answered it above ,get a picture of your actual jets and take some measurements then start searching

Old 07-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #6

Jetsrus can help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Dirtbiker answered it above ,get a picture of your actual jets and take some measurements then start searching
Send those photos and measurements to Jetsrus and work with Mike to figure out what they are. Explain you situation in your initial e-mail, and let him know what you think the carb is a clone of. He is not snobby about figuring out what you need.

If you have the time for your bike to be down, then you might be able to just send what you have to him and then he could match. I would try photos & measurements first and order one of each suggested. Then if those work order more, if not, then ask if you can send in.

You will get your jets in 2-days after ordering (based on the 6 orders I have made).

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 07-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nij_tp View Post
S
.......with most of the chinese carbs, so you may have a PZ30 that use keihin jets or a PZ30 that use mikuni jets..

Thanks in advance
Not only that bu sometimes you may have a Mikuni main jet and a Keihin Pilot jet and the other way around...

Down the road buying cheap chinese carbs is a lottery, the only brand that i can say actually comes ready to be use with little tuning are the Nibbi Carbs.
They use keihin type jets, their jetsare marked with their branding so no fake keihin jets but you know they are keihin types, the needle jet has a # for Keihin needles, even the slide has #. So pretty much you have all the # you need to tune it.

Also OEM carbs are a cheaper option than Original carbs.. For example an OEM PE26 for a Kawasaki KX85 can be found on Kawasaki dealers for 120 bucks more or less. The same Carb but from the aftermarket channel is around 200 usd.

Both PE26 are made by Keihin but the OEM are cheaper because reasons....

Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 AM   #8

thank you everyone. I totally missed Dirtbikers comment so thank you
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)