Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #1

Odes gobi 50 have you heard of this brand?

Hello I purchased a Honda trail 70 clone from someone and I cannot seem to find any info or parts for the life of me. The brand is called odes the model is called gobi 50. Google doesn’t show anything and I mean anything. It’s like this clone doesn’t exist. It’s like they just made this one bike and the company shut down. does anyone know if it goes by a different name. I know Honda clone parts are generally the same for Dax or other brands I just wanna know is this bike rare or not whats the Dealio. Any info will help thank you.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #2

https://odesindustries.com/

These guys might be a good place to ask questions.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:46 AM   #3

There have been so many clones, it is difficult to wrap one's mind around them all. I do not recall this bike, and I have been a member here since 2006, and even a year prior had a Yahoo! Group for dual-sports called 'Jetmotogroup' (Jetmoto was a brand of Chinese motorsports that had a popular dual-sport) and was a member of another Chinese Yahoo! group for the Lifan GY-5 dual-sport. A member nicknamed Frostbike was a member of the GY-5 group and thought that the Chinese motorsports realm needed a forum rather than a discussion group and thus Chinariders.net was born. Back on topic--I have never heard of Odes having a CT-70 clone since 2005. But, as you pointed out, the clones are mostly based on the actual original bikes (truer clones vs. the clone-ish dual-sports we love), and that would transcend across all brands of clones making parts prevalent either from actual CT-70s or from most any clone brand. But as Falkon45 linked the Odes site, perhaps they can answer your questions.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #4

ya I saw the same thing but odes industries doesn’t make this. I went on lilhonda and there was one forum taking about a odes Honda clone and if the original Honda seat will fit the odes and that post was 9 years ago. It’s so weird it even has a stamp on the steering column with brand,model,displacement,and shows it was manufactured in 2003 and the engine has a SN. I cannot be the only one who owns this brand. PS the guy I bought it from told me good luck on finding parts.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #5

Might be these guys?
https://www.odespowersports.com/

Couldn't hurt to give them a call. Maybe they imported Chinese bikes for a short time and slapped their brand on 'em.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexweefs View Post
ya I saw the same thing but odes industries doesn’t make this. I went on lilhonda and there was one forum taking about a odes Honda clone and if the original Honda seat will fit the odes and that post was 9 years ago. It’s so weird it even has a stamp on the steering column with brand,model,displacement,and shows it was manufactured in 2003 and the engine has a SN. I cannot be the only one who owns this brand. PS the guy I bought it from told me good luck on finding parts.
The latest two clones we currently have in the US, the Icebear Champion 125 and the Amigo Motorsports Rocky 125 are reportedly able to accept many parts from the actual Honda clones. Trail Buddy deals in parts for CT70 clones, but again, many parts interchange from each other and from Honda; there shouldn't be too big a problem fixing parts. The common horizontal Lifan 125cc engine is used to re-power actual classic Hondas and should be able to fit any clone, or the larger performance engines as well such as 140cc, 150cc, 160cc, 190cc and 212cc. So, engines are no problem, either.

Join this Facebook group--international members (the founder is from UK) but plenty of US members who could probably help out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526951340896237

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
honda 70, honda clones, honda ct70, skyteam