Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #1

What to do with Crankcase Breather Tube

I've been looking at the Brozz more and more during this winter teardown.
I am thinking of deleting the airbox. What should I do with the crankcase breather tube?
It looks like it may already have some sort of PCV valve.. just put a tiny little air filter on it?

Old 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
I've been looking at the Brozz more and more during this winter teardown.
I am thinking of deleting the airbox. What should I do with the crankcase breather tube?
It looks like it may already have some sort of PCV valve.. just put a tiny little air filter on it?
I took a generic parts store breather filter and clamped it to an NPT male to slip fit male hose connection brass coupler. A bit on the ghetto-fab side of things, but it works. Simply tuck it or zip tie it up high out of the way. I have mine up under my seat.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #3

I just went thru this exercise recently after installing a pod filter. For me what worked the best was to cut out a section of the airbox instead of fully deleting it. It serves a good purpose there for 2 reasons in my opinion:
1. it serves to block dirt and road grime from hitting the shock/engine/pod filter
2. you can keep the crankcase breather line (inner hose in the pic) connected to it still if you seal off the cut out section (i attached a pic of what i wound up cutting out of the airbox, i ended up sealing it with A/C foil tape that worked out well)

If you go further and remove the pair valve system from the side of the engine and install a blockoff plate, then you can simply cap off the rubber hose inlet on the airbox as i did (the first hose in the pic, currently removed with the pair valve system and now capped off)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210119_151858_HDR_resized.jpg (97.7 KB, 202 views)

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 01-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #4

I think I will try the breather filter idea, and just do some creative dremel cutoff wheel work, see if I can make the air box into just a wheel well block off. Maybe cut off everything but the top and sides.

Old 01-30-2021, 10:35 PM   #5

How would one remove the hard plastic intake tube? Heat gun?

Old 01-30-2021, 11:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
How would one remove the hard plastic intake tube? Heat gun?
I have found the best way to cut the airbox plastic is with a hack saw blade, just the blade, by hand, work it back and forth makes quick work. If you want to shape your cuts better you can drill some 1/2 holes for starting or ending points.