Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
XR400 VS LF200

So today I had a chance to meet up with one of my friends that owns a newer stock Honda XR 400cc. We exchanged bikes, raced a few times exc. I was very happy to learn that now with all the mods to my bike it is almost the same exact output as a 400cc honda both in the trails and onroad. Side by side off the line they are about the same except my first gear is a little shorter so when I let off to shift to second his bike gains about 2-3 lengths after they stay even till 75ish then his bike actually begins to top out and I gain back the 2-3 lengths as I pass 80 mph. Offroad they are similar except when at a very slow crawl in first going up a hill I have to ride the clutch or go faster where his engine does not stall out as easy at very low rpms under a load. I will say this again for people that did not read the magic box post, the Stage 3 CDI with full ignition advance is by far the most extreame mod I have done and it compliments the exhaust, jetting and airfilter. Before the CDI with just the other mods the bike had alot more low end torq and it could pull much harder at low rpms in a high gear after the box I noticed a huge mid and top end gain as well as even more low end. From a stop the bike screams up to 80+ like a rocket then around 85 the acceleration starts to slow up a bit till it hits 90. I am going to try and rig up a helmet cam to get it on video ripping up from a stop to 80+ because its just wild. Any ideas on camera mounting?
I do have a small camera but no way to strap it to my helmet. I was able to verify the speedo's accuracy at 80 by gps. It was within a mile per hour at 30,50 and 80. I did not try and go faster as it's too dangerous to look down and match the speedo and gps going that fast but its safe to say its pretty accurate. The speedo is slow reacting to quick acceleration or deceleration just like the tac but when held steady at the speed for a second it is right on.

When I first got this bike after the first few days of riding I was a little disappointed in its on road acceleration and power, I never dreamed it could be this fast with pretty basic mods, thank god for the magic box!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56b_1198704767

"Our founding fathers would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with" - Ron Paul

Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: XR400 VS LF200

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
I am going to try and rig up a helmet cam to get it on video ripping up from a stop to 80+ because its just wild. Any ideas on camera mounting?
I do have a small camera but no way to strap it to my helmet.
I think that some guys have taped one to their helmet or bike with heavy duty tape, although that could put glue on the camera, or the tape might not hold--2 undesired consequences in my opionion.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
I am going to try and rig up a helmet cam to get it on video ripping up from a stop to 80+ because its just wild. Any ideas on camera mounting?
I do have a small camera but no way to strap it to my helmet.
I think that some guys have taped one to their helmet or bike with heavy duty tape, although that could put glue on the camera, or the tape might not hold--2 undesired consequences in my opionion.
Yea.. that would leave tape residue on the helmet and im not sure if that would hold on at 80+ but it would make for good video when it went flying off in the ditch lol hmm.. thanks for the idea I may try it if there are no other cheap options.

"Our founding fathers would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with" - Ron Paul

Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #4

Will the "magic box" void the warranty?

What is the MPG with it?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake
Yeah, like anyone actually honors the warranty....

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake
Yeah, like anyone actually honors the warranty....
Exactly.. and furthermore even if it did how would they know? Would you call them up and be like "oh hey make sure you cancel my warranty because I just put in the magic box" :roll: :wink:

I did not get a warranty from ATV Deceivers, in fact I never even got a illegitimate title. I don't know about other dealers but with them they would look for any excuse possible to not honor a warranty. If you told them you changed the tire pressure they would say its void but then again it never existed in the first place, at least with them. I am sure some other dealers treat their customers right. I will be VERY careful next dealer I choose

Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #7

Honestly Porterz, I have a hard time believing this. Unless there was something bad wrong with the XR it would have handed you your butt. The XR weighs 20lbs less and puts out around 30hp, not to mention it has more torque. With just the basic things you have done, I don't see you beating an XR 400 any time, any place on a Chinese 200. Sorry, not trying to pull a TT here, but I've ridden one of the 400s and just don't see this panning out at all.

Quote:
So today I had a chance to meet up with one of my friends that owns a newer stock Honda XR 400cc. We exchanged bikes, raced a few times exc. I was very happy to learn that now with all the mods to my bike it is almost the same exact output as a 400cc honda both in the trails and onroad. Side by side off the line they are about the same except my first gear is a little shorter so when I let off to shift to second his bike gains about 2-3 lengths after they stay even till 75ish then his bike actually begins to top out and I gain back the 2-3 lengths as I pass 80 mph. Offroad they are similar except when at a very slow crawl in first going up a hill I have to ride the clutch or go faster where his engine does not stall out as easy at very low rpms under a load. I will say this again for people that did not read the magic box post, the Stage 3 CDI with full ignition advance is by far the most extreame mod I have done and it compliments the exhaust, jetting and airfilter. Before the CDI with just the other mods the bike had alot more low end torq and it could pull much harder at low rpms in a high gear after the box I noticed a huge mid and top end gain as well as even more low end. From a stop the bike screams up to 80+ like a rocket then around 85 the acceleration starts to slow up a bit till it hits 90. I am going to try and rig up a helmet cam to get it on video ripping up from a stop to 80+ because its just wild. Any ideas on camera mounting?
I do have a small camera but no way to strap it to my helmet. I was able to verify the speedo's accuracy at 80 by gps. It was within a mile per hour at 30,50 and 80. I did not try and go faster as it's too dangerous to look down and match the speedo and gps going that fast but its safe to say its pretty accurate. The speedo is slow reacting to quick acceleration or deceleration just like the tac but when held steady at the speed for a second it is right on.

When I first got this bike after the first few days of riding I was a little disappointed in its on road acceleration and power, I never dreamed it could be this fast with pretty basic mods, thank god for the magic box!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #8

Warranty heha we dont need no stinking warranties.......

Just ride !

Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #9

I'm from Missourri the (Show ME State) I have to see your bike in action.Can't wait for the vid....

Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #10

Quote:

Yea.. that would leave tape residue on the helmet and im not sure if that would hold on at 80+ but it would make for good video when it went flying off in the ditch lol hmm.. thanks for the idea I may try it if there are no other cheap options.
Duct tape is nicknamed "200MPH tape"....so I wouldn't worry about it's ability to hold at 80. Just make sure you have real duct tape, and not duck tape.

There are several "bullet cam" type cameras that come with various options for mounting to helmets, ect. They can be had for $50 and up. I have one, but purchased a new HD camcorder that doesn't have the input ability. :(

Edit: I forgot to ask....while you're at it, how about some pics and video of that Hayabusa, too?
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #11

[quote="knothead"]Honestly Porterz, I have a hard time believing this. Unless there was something bad wrong with the XR it would have handed you your butt.

that's why im trying to get a video up

Old 04-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #12

Yeah, I guess I need to throw in the BS flag here too. Either your "magic box" came with a 20 shot of nitrous or your buddies XR400 is WAY out of tune. He needs to take it back to the dealer. The numbers just don't add up. Like stated earlier, you are a good 30 lbs (well, now 50 lbs heavier with your lower motor mount) and no way you are making more HP or torque. Not trying to be a dick, but I'd need to drive it to believe it.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #13

I aint sayin' nothin'! .... Sometimes a boat sinks all by it self.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #14

Nice exaggeration on the motor mounts weighing 20 lbs, maybe you should BS flag your own reply before you call on someone elce.

For the record.. the new HD mount set is exactly 3 lbs 2 oz.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #15

$40 HELMET CAM-IT'S FOR SKATE BOARDING, BUT IT SHOULD WORK...

http://www.buy.com/prod/tony-hawk-he...203399225.html

Closed Thread