Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #1

Newbie needs help - which enduro?

Okay I am about to take the plunge. Can someone with more experience help me out? I have been looking at the Qlink XF200 then found a Viva VX200SX. Is this the same bike? They look very similar but the Qlink is $2000 and the Viva is $1000. The Qlink looks a little more refined but for double the price?

I am leary of getting a piece of crap. This will be making a 50 mile a day commute.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #2

The Qlink is OEM'd by Qingqi. Qingqi is the OEM for the Suzuki DR200 (the engine for sure, not positive how much of the rest of the bike), so this is essentially what you are getting (at least the same engine as the DR200).

The Viva probably wouldn't be a good 50 mile/day commuter, while the Qlink could (possibly)be (either one will have it's limits--don't expect 75 mph out of either).

The Viva is based on the same bike as the GY series of bikes built by several manufacturers utilizing a couple of other manufacturers' engines. It, like many of the rest, are $1000 bikes, and are great values for the money, but again, no long-range commuter, unless you are really good mechanically.

If you have the means, get the Qlink (I am striving towards one myself)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #3

Culcune, thanks for the response. I have been researching like crazy and it is very confusing. So many names and so many similar looking bikes. Do you know of a reputable qlink dealer? Also I am fairly mechanical, already planning the sprocket mods before I even saw the posts. I live in the sticks and fuel is killing me. Plus I love to ride. Gave up my Susuki SV600 to buy a wedding ring.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #4

There are a few dealers in Texas, according to Qlink's website dealer directory.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/dealer2.php

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #5

if you live too far out in the sticks you may want to consider the lifan gy-5 just because it has a larger tank.

i have seen in person vivas and qlinks my opinion based on quality is if you can afford the qlink get it.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #6

Hey Man,

50 miles is a long enough commute. I'd play it safe. I have a 45 mile commute to school and ended up getting stranded 3 times on my Roketa 200cc. You don't want that. Some bikes are good, but are not made for long-term highway riding as much. I'd either spend more money on the nicer bike or buy a used bike that's more street worthy. I'm rebuilding an xl600 right now. Only have $600 into it. There are some deals out there if you look for them. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #7

The viva is on the lower end for the china bikes and the qlink is mid pack to upper end.

With you distance and being away from anything the qlink may be the better deal.

I ride my Lifan 45 miles a day and have never been stranded.

Allen

Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #8

Okay, I got my first quote for the Qlink XF200. $3250 out the door. Thats not in my budget. Can anyone speak for this price. Qlink's web site states $2650 as MSRP which is usually higher than what they sell for. I may be looking at other bikes. I love the price of the Viva's, Lifan's, etc but I but I am height challenged and the wheels are to tall. I would not feel comfortable or safe with out both feet on the ground in traffic. The XF has smaller diameter wheels, making it a better fit for me.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #9

Personally, I think they could/should do better on the price. Otherwise, walk away, IMO. The only alternative I can think of is scootersfactory.com has the Qingqi (remember, Qingqi is the OEM for Qlink for their XF200) motard model listed as the GY-A for $2400 shipped. I don't know if the dealer would be picky about repairing/parts for a non-Qlink, but they are identical bikes, and Qingqi is the OEM for the Suzuki DR200 (engine and frame), so you can get parts/repairs through Suzuki, too, but you won't get the 2 year warranty that you would from Qlink.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #10

I'm not too familiar with these bikes, but that price does sound high. The MSRP on the Korean Hyosung GV250 cruiser is $3500, and it seems to be about the most HP on the market under $4k.

I've also seen (just last week) a xl650 and a klr650 used for $2500 each.

If it were me, I'd go w/ the used 650's before a $3k 200.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #11

Okay the Jap bikes mentioned are too tall. My legs are sawed off. I have a 30 inch inseam. How about the Zongshen Sierra 200. It looks the same as he Qlink? Anyone know? Thanks for everyones input so far.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #12

Initially, the Zongshen seemed to be the bike of all bikes when it first came here. The seat height is low, and it has a very unique look. However, I don't think this bike would handle a 40 mile commute. There have been various stories from various places, and the bike has failed the owners. Member 'Crazy Carl' has produced a movie of his tour through China, and in the movie, he met up with a couple guys riding Zongshens--both were having reliability issues. On another forum, a guy with the handle 'Beemer Boy' who is an American living in Thailand, decided to take a tour of China and blog it in a thread. He bought the same Zongshen, and it, too, had reliability issues. In fact, in the middle of his tour, he ended up dumping the bike, and picking up a new one--a Qingqi with the DR200 motor.

We had a member here from Florida who bought a brand new one, and his engine broke down catastrophically (I forgot his name :? , and I know someone here will chime in with his name).

The point is, yours might not break down, but why tempt fate, especially on 40 mile commutes? The seat height is good, like the Qlink/Qingqi, but still....

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #13

Thanks Culcune, You have busted my bubble once again. I had located some Zongshen's in Seattle for $950 and they would ship it FedEx freight. Would total around $1500.

But I have located a 2007 Qlink about 3 hours from my house. I may go and get it this weekend if it is still available. They have it marked down and is their last 07 left and the total is just a few hundred more than the one you turned me onto on the internet. So I will have the two year warranty, title, taxes, etc will be taken care of and it is put together.

I was in Yuma a few weeks years ago when I was in the service. All I really remember was it was hot as hell.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #14

We discussed the Zongshens a little while ago in the 'For Sale' section. Member 'Mr. Hyak' lives within a few miles of where they are supposed to be located, but could never see them--we figured they were drop-shipped from somewhere else--too many red flags!

The '07 Qlink sounds good. Member 'SamM' bought a '06 Qlink X-Ranger 200 (the old model which, coincidentally, used to be a re-badged Zongshen Sierra 200) for a huge discount off a dealer going out of business, on Ebay. He drove hundreds of miles to pick up the bike, brought it home, was all excited, but discovered the frame was bent. Qlink would never honor the warranty, because essentially his deal was too good to be true (on paper at least), so he is stuck parting the bike out. I think that you would be safer in this area with your deal, but still... Also, keep in mind that the bike MSRP'd for $2095 in '07, so if I were you, I would make that the starting point to the negotiations, not a "discount" from '08's MSRP!

As far as the Yuma part, I just hope your memories don't end up being repressed!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2033
Okay the Jap bikes mentioned are too tall. My legs are sawed off. I have a 30 inch inseam. How about the Zongshen Sierra 200. It looks the same as he Qlink? Anyone know? Thanks for everyones input so far.
I was just pointing out the price of the 650's. Surely if a 650 is going for $2500 a 400 could be had for under $2k? Basically tossing out ideas. There are a ton of bikes on the market and I know how easy it is to get focused on just one. (currently guilty of this myself)

By the way, I'm only 5'9...and I wouldn't hesitate to ride a tall bike. I used to have a roomie who always had a bike that was too tall for me. It's only a problem when I stop...hehe
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project