Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #1

Doh! TaoTao DB27 Swingarm loose

My 2018 TaoTao DB27 has a LOT of play in the swingarm and pivot bolt. Like the bolt is way too small for the bearings......causes quick wear of the bearings and rear wheel chatters/wobbles. Anyone else noticed that and figured out a solution?

Old 01-16-2022, 07:07 PM   #2

yes like its the wrong size bolt

Old 01-21-2022, 02:58 AM   #3

clunk when rear wheel comes off ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcauthen327 View Post
My 2018 TaoTao DB27 has a LOT of play in the swingarm and pivot bolt. Like the bolt is way too small for the bearings......causes quick wear of the bearings and rear wheel chatters/wobbles. Anyone else noticed that and figured out a solution?
I havn't noticed a wobble ...but I just bought a db36 apollo 250 and when I lifted I noticed and clunk ...so I lifted rear wheel and where the rear shock is bolted on top there is movement the bolt is smaller than the shock bearing sleeve and there is slop right there and when rear wheel leaves the ground the slop makes a clunk/clank anything you want to call it sound....my buddies does same thin and the second one we bought does same thing....there is a problem here....how to fix...bigger bolt or some kind of bearing sleeve....IDK....whats up with this