Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2022, 09:18 AM   #1

CSC Headpipe on Tbr7 Easy Swap

Ok so I've had some clearance issues with my FMF t4 exhaust which has resulted in a large dent in the can and a broken brake caliper and damaged brake line. It has also been rubbing on the tire. I've tried all I can but I can't move it up and over enough.

Sooo... I had to buy some small parts so I placed an order with CSC for a $21.00 head pipe which comes with the shield and bolts, but doesn't have a catalytic converter, just smooth pipe.

Anyhoo...I had to trim about 3/4" off the end and it bolts right up to the stock muffler. No welding.

It's allot quieter than the FMF , which sounded great. I don't notice any power difference (the stock pipe is actually a couple mm ID larger than my FMF).

This might work on other bikes too I dunno. But it's easier than removing the catalytic converter.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Last edited by TxTaoRider; 02-12-2022 at 11:26 AM.

Old 02-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #2

Well worth it if it works. I paid $30 to have mine welded. The HAWK and MAGICIAN stock muffler to header uses a clamp with two flanges meeting. The TBR7 apparently must use a pipe to pipe which allows shortening. A worthy consideration for modifications. A picture is worth a thousand words and would likely win you post of the day!

Old 02-12-2022, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Well worth it if it works. I paid $30 to have mine welded. The HAWK and MAGICIAN stock muffler to header uses a clamp with two flanges meeting. The TBR7 apparently must use a pipe to pipe which allows shortening. A worthy consideration for modifications. A picture is worth a thousand words and would likely win you post of the day!
Just by looking at pics online of stock hawk exhausts they look very similar to the tbr7, but it's hard to tell.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #4

The pipes are probably the same but the HAWK stock has a flange welded on the end with a gasket to a flange on the muffler held together with a sanitary clamp. A guy could cut it off, shorten it and reweld which comes out the same maybe for the money and no messing with a CAT.