Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2022, 11:08 PM   #1

Chinese/Mexican Dirt-Bike! New to the group

Hi all, I just discovered this webpage I have some experience with Chinese bikes in general, I owned a 300cc cargo 3 wheeler, a 110cc atv, and a dual purpose 250cc, I am saving to buy my next one here in the US, a Lifan KPM 200.

(As well as other real atvs Bombardier 650ds, Honda TRX250, Can am Outlander 450, just saying for references, chinese bikes dont compare but are still great for the money, and are extra fun to ride)

I left my Vento Crossmax 250 inside an adobe shed in Mexico, it is very similar to a ProHawk 250, , the engine of both is built in the same Choongnqq...whatever city. After seeing many videos of the ProHawk I can tell you is the same bike(Differences where: Factory upgraded Japanese Carb, all bearings where Koyo brand, NGK spark plugs, nicer dashboard, gas tank, lights,seat,etc but it was the same engine and same chinese quality instead assembled by Mexicans which as you can guess it was 10 times worst than a ProHawk but God Bless Loctite). I managed to put 10,000km of mostly enduro and offroading, it held up pretty well. Some of its adventure included 40km+ of river riding 1ft deep plus mud and sand, 350km pure sandy arroyos, about 2000m 6 hour mountain climb, 3 hours stuck in a mudhole managing to keep the intake above water, 136km/h on road and 118km/h off-road where my top speeds and doubled checked my speedometer and it always worked.

I mean I did broke LOTS.....PLENTY of stuff, overheated the engine a couple of times, got water inside the engine, crashed, dropped the bike etc. Lots of unforgettable adventures that I recommend to anyone willing to work on this bike, I NEVER had to touch the insides of the engine, like clutch, transmision, etc, and I have many pictures I can post but I get this message:

"The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 4032 x 2268."

You guys have any clues on how to lower the quality of the images to that size and still make them legible?

Old 04-13-2022, 12:56 PM   #2

what mods did you do to get to 136km/h/85mph?
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 04-13-2022, 08:27 PM   #3

Download GIMP. It is better than photoshop, and free.

step 1. Open your image in GIMP,

step 2, Select Scale Image under the Image menu

step 3, enter 110 for X resolution, and then select inches instead of px (pixels).

step 4 This changes the dimensions in the x/y in inches (width/height).

step 5, Change the width to 5 (inches). Click "Scale"

Now, "Export as" (under file) and save the file as a jpg
"Selected File Type (By Extension)" options

Name it, note where you put it, then upload it

NOTE: try various dimensions to get under the ~190kb file size if you want to optimize resolution and still get under the limit.

You can also use the contrast/brightness adjustment under "colors" pull down. This can make your pics easier to see online.