Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #1

Is this DS right for me?

Hello everyone, this is my first time on this website! A little about me: I live in California, and i am a full time college student.

I have found an ad on craigslist selling a new Chinese dirt bike for $900 without shipping. I emailed them and looking at the pictures they sent me, it looks like this is the bike they are selling CLICK ON MEEEE What can you guys tell me about this bike? I have seen a bunch of brands of china bikes while looking through the forums here, but i have never seen this "motobravo" brand. Are they reliable at all?

My plan was to get a motorcycle to commute with to save money, and it would also be a backup dirt bike that friends could ride when i go out to the desert. I dont commute to far, about 10miles each way a day. There are back roads i can take, so i do not have to reach freeway speeds. However, after doing the math i found out that with the savings i would get with gas over driving my car i would have to drive the dirt bike some 8000 miles to pay for the $900 price tag. Is this bike capable of doing this? I am a very capable mechanic, but i am looking to save money on gas and not be spending of money on replacement parts. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Ryan.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #2

Is the bike street legal in California? I doubt it.

Q

Old 05-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #3

its an enduro style dirtbike. The ad on craigslist advertises it as a street legal bike for CA.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #4

For the price you are better off looking into something like a viva which come straight out of california and would cost you actually slightly less if not the same. Google viva motorsports and you'll get the site.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #5

Your best making sure, whatever you do decide to get that: you can plate it in CA. I recommend talking to someone on this site that has a bike plated in CA before you buy.. California is one of the tougher states..

Good Luck

NET