Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2022, 12:13 PM   #1

Looking for more power, big bore kit advice, engince swap, etc

So i bought a 2021 magician knowing its one of the worst stock with the intention of building it up as my project because mi saw it as the best starting chasis for me as i love lighter more agile bikes and would b a good starting point for a stunt bike, fyi also my first bike figured itd b great to learn on. But i very quickly outgrew it. I need faster, it tops out at 74 with me on it with just about everythibg that ciuld be down besides porting. Free flow exhaust no cat, pz30 110 main jet, 17t front sprocket, which i have mixed feelings about due to losing that bottom end.
Was meant to port it but really how much more will that do and if ima tear into all that i was looking at the 300cc big bore kit for these and the hawks was wondering if anyone has any exp with tthese kits or even an engine swap but i have no clue what would fit. I have the skillz and tools to do it myself. 300cc kit would take less customization probably but the other thing pushing towards a swap would b for a.much more powerfull engine and most importsnly a 6 speed trannsmission.
Any input on the 300cc kit vs viable engine swaps would be grestly appriciated!

Old 09-06-2022, 12:53 AM   #2

the nominal CG300 cylinder swap will not do much as far as fitment concerns over a standard CG250 cylinder...

I have not done my swap yet as the stock jug and new piston im running is doing fine for me now.

As for 6 speed swaps...The biggest issue is trying to fit an engine with a counterbalance case housing protrusion into a frame that had a non counterbalance engine. The 6th gear typically removes the kickstart to function.

I think Magician16 has done the most up to date "performance" write up on the forums. So you might want to tap into the search function a little more.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:10 PM   #3

[QUOTE=XLsior;383631]the nominal CG300 cylinder swap will not do much as far as fitment concerns over a standard CG250 cylinder...

I have not done my swap yet as the stock jug and new piston im running is doing fine for me now.

As for 6 speed swaps...The biggest issue is trying to fit an engine with a counterbalance case housing protrusion into a frame that had a non counterbalance engine. The 6th gear typically removes the kickstart to function.

I think Magician16 has done the most up to date "performance" write up on the forums. So you might want to tap into the search function a little more.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info mate good stuff! I didnt think about.the.counterbalanced engine is really that much bigger . There seems to be a good amount of space left on the frame of tha magician imo, taking away kickstart would be no brainer to gain a 6 speed....imo of course. Im goid at porting and was checking out the kits on ebay and it seems if ima tear the head off pulling thw jug and throwing in the bigbore kit jus might as well. I outgrew the power on these way too fast. Anyways tht was my line of thinking, 229cc to 300 sounds like a lot of fun!