Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2022, 11:15 PM   #1

Crankcase Breather Tube Filter

I just replaced my crankcase to air box hose today because they had dry rotted badly.

My question is what/how important is this filter piece? The product number on it is 200420105032X. Searching that number doesn't actually bring up the item at all. I couldn't even find it on taotaopartsdirect or partskit.

I was unable to get the piece in without kinking the new hose, so I just ran a line directly from crankcase to air box. Will this cause me problems or should I struggle trying to get it on again?

Bike is a 2020 TBR7.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:47 AM   #2

That is an emissions compliance thing. You can plug the hole in the airbox and allow the breather to vent to air with no consequence other than cleaner air going into the engine. You still need the crankcase vent and filter though.

Any crankcase ventilation filter should work (doesn't have to be official OEM part!).

Last edited by Thumper; 10-18-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
That is ab emissions compliance thing. You can plug the hole in the airbox and allow the breather to vent to air with no consequence other than cleaner air going into the engine. You still need the crankcase vent and filter though.

Any crankcase ventilation filter should work (doesn't have to be official OEM part!).

So something like this would work fine; if not better than 2 hoses connected to the little OEM piece?

And would there be any negative effects with me running straight hose until I get a new filter in?