Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #1

Reminder

So yesterday I went out for a nice sunday drive on one of the back country roads in my area. And I came upon a wreck :( the guy was driving what looked to be at one time a really nice suzuki GSXR 750. He was stable but had a broken leg. the bike was totaled as was the sign post his leg met :(

He claims to have been trying to dodge a turkey in the road. From the part of the road where there was no blind spots for 1 mile in each direction and the corner was a long sweeping left I am thinking either he was going to fast and not paying attention or he was in expirenced at riding.

Just a reminder that we all need to be carefull, responsable and respect the bikes, the road, and the enviroment surrounding it.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #2

ditto

Had a close one myself yesterday. Going 35mph, blinker on getting ready to make a left trun and I hear....screeeeeeech. Almost rear ended by a 4 Wheeled Dingbat Blondicus. She locked them up for about 30ft, almost getting rear ended herself. Can anyone tell me why there are so many morons on the road these days? In my town stop means slow down and red light means 3 more cars get through the intersetion. You can't get a cop to pull over a stop sign runner, but they'll stand on the corner at a light and look for people not wearing seatbelt to get grant money to do more of the same. Go figure.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #3

The problem is people are frustrated with congested traffic. When people are frustrated, they drive recklessly. I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #4

Most of them have a cellphone stuck to their head and not paying any attention!!

Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wickedmedic
Most of them have a cellphone stuck to their head and not paying any attention!!
That's the big one.....Nobody is paying attention anymore because they all have so many gadgets in the car nowadays.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=505965&rfi=6

We had a reminder locally as well of how dangerous it is.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #6

I have gotton into the habit now of pulling over anytime my phone rings.(in the car, I don't hear it on the bike)

Usually its a business call and I need to write things down so it works well and it only delays me a couple of minutes.

Allen

Old 05-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I have gotton into the habit now of pulling over anytime my phone rings.(in the car, I don't hear it on the bike)

Usually its a business call and I need to write things down so it works well and it only delays me a couple of minutes.

Allen
I wish more people were willing to do the same.
I like the idea Neal Boortz talks about...holding up a sign that reads "Shut Up and Drive!"
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 05-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #8

When I am on the bike I just let voicemail handle it.

On the bike you have no distraction from the radio or cellphone, passengers etc.

Allen