Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #1

Troubles with Diamo

Well, so I feel like a bit of a hoe only coming in here to brag or complain, but I've got a problem. The other day I was pulling out on the road when all four of the sprocket bolts stripped and it went into, I though, a neutral. LOL Got off, saw the problem, pushed the bike a half mile home.

So, I thought I could drill and tap the inserts in the rubber cush, but it's too soft and the vice bends it trying to hold it in place for tapping. I guess I need the too soft steel special bolts it uses. Bummer, thought I might improve on the design a bit. I've got a few more ideas, but it'd be simpler to get the parts. I've called and called Diamo, though, and they're always busy. :roll: I guess they're busy filling orders for sprocket drive bolts. I had this link... http://www.nstmotor.com/db_200.htm . for parts, but it's down. I think that bike was the same production, looked like it, anyway.

Anyone got any ideas on where else I can get parts, possible mods? I thought about getting bolts and cutting the nut in half with a cut off wheel to get 'em thin enough to bolt to the sprocket, then insert them into the cush drive. I might experiment with that if I get desperate.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #2

for what it is worth I found this part number, I think these are a honda part.

90128-382-670 - BOLT,SPRKT,FIXING

Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #3

Thanks for that. I'll look it up. However, I've taken matters into my own hands and manufactured a fix, actually I think a better fix than the original design. The original bolts used 8mm studs, mine uses 10mm stainless bolts of a higher grade. I don't think this set up will strip. I had to actually make the nuts (have to be very thin to fit under the sprocket) by cutting 'em in half and using the halves of the nut. Ain't got pics, but it seems to be working fine.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #4

awsome man,

question,

can I get a pic of your front wheel? it looks like it is 18" how did you get that setup? how does it ride?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #5

You mean the avatar? That's actually my KX80 tard mini racer. It's got a 2.50x17 on the front and wears Bridgestone ultrasoft compound 125GP slicks front and rear. Suspension by LE Engineering and lots of motor mods, fast little motorcycle.

This is the Diamo:

I'm on the 157 bike, my KX80, in this photo:

Old 06-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #6

I see I am interested in getting an 18" rim for my lifan looking to see what works.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #7

http://www.buchananspokes.com/ IF they don't have it, they'll make it for you. Probably set you back about $300. I built my KX wheels and two XR100s up with Buchanan rims and spokes.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #8

Thank you.
I am going to have to add that site to the parts section. little spendy but looks like quality stuff.