Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #1

Federal Safety Sticker ???

Has anyone had any experiences with having to get a "Federal Safety Sticker"? I am assuming they want the sticker that goes on the front of the frame where the forks attach.

I got my bike last fall and did not attempt to license it until this spring. I had no difficulties at the Minnesota DMV office. They gave me plates and registered it. I have been waiting for quite awhile for my title to show. Today I got a letter the MN Dept of Transportation stating that I must get my bike inspected for the Federal Safety Sticker. If I don't have one (which I don't) I must return my plates and not receive a title. I've got almost a 1,000 miles on the bike already and am not ready to give up riding it on the street. Help!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Contact the seller you got it from.They should be able to provide you with what you need.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #3

The seller was Linto Powersports, which seems to no longer be in business. They were not the easiest to deal with anyway.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #4

I had to get the CMVSS Label which is the Canadian equivalent...before importation I asked the dealer if it had the FMVSS Label, they said it did, and that the OEM puts it on...when my bike arrived it was not on.so either it had none or the Border agents removed it, which it looked like they might have.....the Canadian imported vehicle Registrar sent me 3 labels for my bike..I only need one..and they just stick on....but hey it makes my bike comply.its too bad I cant send you an extra copy for your bike dude.you need the title and then I would talk to who ever is responsible for imported vehicles in the States.if you can contact the OEM...The VIN# should tell on inspection if the bike complies or not though...tuff situation man.sorry to hear, good luck...also its too bad dealers are not more help, because they know and have the contacts.....thats the thing with these bikes.you feel somewhat ripped when you get the bike and then the dealer dissappears, before you can register the damn thing..brush up on your Chinese and call the CEO in Chongqing...tell him you want your damn label!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #5

In WV the FMVSS statement needs to be on the usual sticker on the bike, or written on the MCO/MSO by the dealer.

I was able to contact the dealer and they added the FMVSS statement to my MCO. Check whether Linto is the dealer name on your MCO. If it's someone else, it may help you track them down.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #6

Look on the swingarm too.

Allen

Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #7

Look at all the stickers on the frame and swingarm. The federal safety sticker on my Honda Shadow says,"This vehicle conforms to all federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date above." That is all it says, and it is easy to miss as it is listed along with some other information such as weight ratings, date of manufacture, and the VIN. I don't have my Lifan here at the moment, but it has something similar as well, and I had no trouble getting it registered in MN.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #8

My lifan LF200Gy-5 from China came with a federal regulation sticker for the U.S. and an EPA sticker.