Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #1

Roketa 250cc scooter

I have a 2008 Roketa (250 cc) MC-54. I don't really want any speed. What it does is fine.

I want knowledge of power tricks. A little faster hole time with 2 riders.

You get my drift I know.

Thanks. 8)

Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #2

I'm a little disappointed. I thought this group would have some tricks.

Like, plugs, carb jets, sprokets, exhaust.

Just a little boost info please.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 PM   #3

Well, What level of noise are you willing to tolerate, and What does it have on it for a carburetor?

IF we're only looking for a slight increase, and a little sharper throttle response, Might I recommend, Changing up to a Fine Wire type Sparkling plug I prefer NGK Iridiums, Myself, (DR8EIX I think) and close up the plug gap about 5 thou. (.005) Should ever so slightly advance the ignition timing, and a little sharper on the throttle transitions...

Also, If fuel in your area is eth. Blend, maybe go 1 range cooler on your sparkler. (DR9EIX) {NGK Heat ranges are backwards...}

Hope this helps, waiting for more info...

--Vince

Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #4

Thanks Vince. Now this is the type of info I was looking for.

Will post when I make the change.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #5

I use my MC-54-250 mostly to reduce my fuel cost, engine seems to be happiest between 40-50 mph, I regularly get over 90 mpg.

Getting more performance out of the little 250cc engine would most likely reduce the fuel economy and engine life, maybe that's why I'm not so interested in getting more performance out of my MC-54-250... if I want more performance, I'd ride a motorcycle.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #6

I think you really want to look into the cvt drive parts. Different variators and rollers etc.

Allen

Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #7

I wonder if the Knothead Mod would work for a scooter? Anyone out there got a piccy of the engine in one of these things?

--Vince

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #8

We spent so much time fixing and replacing broken parts that we don't have any time to do performance mods!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu2wheel
if I want more performance, I'd ride a motorcycle.
You are right. After my Branson trip I am leaving the guts alone, except.........can the CVT be set to take off at a little higher RPM's?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #10

Basically the theory behind all CVT whether a 50 cc or 650 cc is the same. The Variator has rollers in it (usually 6) and on a 150 cc standard weight is around 12 grams each. By putting in lighter weight rollers (say 10 grams) you are in effect causing the variator to engage at a higher RPM thus getting the machine to accelerate better as it is engaging closer to peak torque (amusing concept on our little thumpers...LOL) There can be some sacrifice in top speed but usually minor. Heavier weights have the opposite effect and are usually only effective if you are a very light rider and have made some performace mods to your engine. There are performance air filters and exhausts for the 250's now. You need to determine if you have an A or B model. In other words do you have the 244 cc Honda Helix clone or the 260 cc Linhai or Ymaha based engine. If you can't tell I'll PM you a link to a tutorial on my forum. Performance variators with improved roller ramp travel and "sliding" rather than rolling weights are also available. Dr. Pulley is a common one. Most mods of a variator are best tuned with the use of a tach. If your bike is not so equipped a device called a TINY TACH is a very effective addition. This can help you tune the machine to operate in peak torque and power bands depending on your weight and the level of modification of you engine. There is more..but I am tired.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #11

Sorta of like putting a higher stall torque converter in your car.

Thanks for the quick how it works explanation ACD.

Allen