Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #1

How do i become a dealer?

Hello all. i bought a hi bird 250cc 4 wheeler and did very few mods for it to be as stable as a named brand good wheeler. so with that i am very interested in becoming a dealer. i dont know the first step on becoming a dealer though. do i need a license? please give me some info. tyvm

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #2

it all depends on the state some states are problems but i would check your distributor closely, and i wouldnt depend on them to feed you i would be gald to help any way i can. first i would ask myself can i depend on this company to live up to what they say and are they serious, im not picking on any brand or distributor that goes for all, will they give you a area thats yours alone and most important do they have parts
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #3

keep in mind the most important thing
PARTS
Can I get them, where can I get them and HOW FAST...
thats the wholesaler you want to deal with.

Next check you local laws and see if you can run a dealership from your location. Usually you need a Commercial property and that will usually affect the property taxes etc.

Insurance... you have to be insured out the ying yang. In the US even moreso. If some squid hops on one of your bikes and hurts himself, not only the rider but the family can come after you and sue you for every penny you have and will ever have. That's why Honda stopped production if the 3 wheeler.

If its off road stuff you don't need a licence in most places to do repairs or assemble.

Figure out all that stuff then you will usually just need $5.000~ $10,000 as a first order of bikes an parts. However most Whiolesalers will want pictures of the location and busines info before they will agree to any contracts..

Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #4

that sucks. i live in PA. also i dont have 10k to dump into all this. i was thinking of selling about 10 of them just for starts. but if i have to deal with all that bs then i will forget it lol.