Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #1

HSUN GY200 (Dial-up beware!)

My bike arrived today from bike2go (Powersportsmax). Assembly took about 3 hours, there were no instructions but it was an easy project. The only damage was a scratch on the back side of the front fender. The red on the bike is painted and all the plastics appear to be clear coated over the decals. The front fender looks huge, appears to be a copy of a mid 80's on-off. The rear rack and the mounts for the side covers had to be tweaked a bit to make everything line up.

It seems to be a nice machine especially if you consider for the same money you would be lucky to get a 10 year old jap bike. I was impressed with how quick it started up the first time. The gear readout on the instrument cluster and a beeper when the turn signals are on are nice features. Not crazy about how far the kick started sticks out when folded. I wished the shifter did stick out a little more, i did reposition the shifter down one notch which made it easier to get my foot on top.

Might get a chance to put some miles on this weekend, hopefully the temperature will break 40.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #2

Pre christmas toys..nice!
It is really exciting puting together a "model" ,and upon succesful completion , ride off on it!
That bike would look sharp with narrow/white front end plastic.
but I expect for what you paid...it looks just fine!
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #3

Nice Ride!

That is a nice looking bike. Thanks for posting all of the great photos.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #4

Part of the fun of these bikes is putt'n them together!! Clear coat should make it easy to keep clean.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #5

3 hours!! took me 3 weeks... My bike arrived via 18 wheeler 8 business days after the order- in a steel framed cardboard box. After 1 week, I opened it - the bike said HiSUN 200GY not VIVA but it had all the stuff on it that I expected- street legal lights/ dash/ etc. No direction on assembly were included. Disassembled and/or hanging to the side of the bike were- handlebars/front light/front brake/mirrors/instrument cluster with 10-12 wires disconnected including the clutch switch, starter, right turn signal, kill switch/fenders/chain guard/ rear carrying rack/front wheel/speedometer hub/rear suspension bolt/side fairings. The battery was disconnected and lacked water – the water was provided separately. The gas tank had plastic shaving inside which I removed with a long screw driver and 2 faced tape. Over 3 weeks the following occurred: I took the bike out of the carton/frame except the bottom frame. I put the handlebars on- then took them off – I forgot to put on the throttle twist grip first. Same with the rear rack- I took them back off to put on the plastic side panels. I found a Lifan manual on the website –VERY helpful- especially the electrical diagram. I put water in the battery that over flowed and the sulfuric acid ate my skin/ and later my jeans. Connected the cables and started randomly plugging in some electrical contact and tested to see if various stuff worked- I considered myself lucky that it all worked out. The bike is very heavy and I hard to get an engine lift to hold up the bike to get the front wheel on- I greased the speedo cable/axel bolt. Then I started it up – it ran! Some smoke initially that cleared. I did not change the engine oil out as recommended. I rode the bike around for a few miles – it sat low and made a terrible noise and the chain guard rubbed and the back tire began to show wear. I looked underneath the bike and saw a bolt in a metal plate that was disconnected that had been attached to a bracket that also secured the shock. I saw this initially but I just thought it was for a stand to work on the bike. I floor jacked this bracket into place while a helper to held the bike. Finally it was correct- no rubbing. Everything works fine. My wife was pissed with the bike thing in general then looked at it and called it ugly. I rode it to work the next day and within 1 mile a van pulled out in front of me while I was doin 45 MPH. No drama I was just pissed…

Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #6

Sister bike to mine. Congrats!

Old 12-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #7

Wow, you waited a week to open, you have way more self control than i do. I had mine opened before the truck driver was back in his truck.

I also put the handlebars on before the twist throttle. On mine the wire that need to be plugged in were color matched with the main harness with the exception of one. It was a black ground wire for the headlight that connected to green at the harness.

Good thinking on the speedo cable, i will have to do that. Where did you buy your from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo
3 hours!! took me 3 weeks... My bike arrived via 18 wheeler 8 business days after the order- in a steel framed cardboard box. After 1 week, I opened it - the bike said HiSUN 200GY not VIVA but it had all the stuff on it that I expected- street legal lights/ dash/ etc. No direction on assembly were included. Disassembled and/or hanging to the side of the bike were- handlebars/front light/front brake/mirrors/instrument cluster with 10-12 wires disconnected including the clutch switch, starter, right turn signal, kill switch/fenders/chain guard/ rear carrying rack/front wheel/speedometer hub/rear suspension bolt/side fairings. The battery was disconnected and lacked water – the water was provided separately. The gas tank had plastic shaving inside which I removed with a long screw driver and 2 faced tape. Over 3 weeks the following occurred: I took the bike out of the carton/frame except the bottom frame. I put the handlebars on- then took them off – I forgot to put on the throttle twist grip first. Same with the rear rack- I took them back off to put on the plastic side panels. I found a Lifan manual on the website –VERY helpful- especially the electrical diagram. I put water in the battery that over flowed and the sulfuric acid ate my skin/ and later my jeans. Connected the cables and started randomly plugging in some electrical contact and tested to see if various stuff worked- I considered myself lucky that it all worked out. The bike is very heavy and I hard to get an engine lift to hold up the bike to get the front wheel on- I greased the speedo cable/axel bolt. Then I started it up – it ran! Some smoke initially that cleared. I did not change the engine oil out as recommended. I rode the bike around for a few miles – it sat low and made a terrible noise and the chain guard rubbed and the back tire began to show wear. I looked underneath the bike and saw a bolt in a metal plate that was disconnected that had been attached to a bracket that also secured the shock. I saw this initially but I just thought it was for a stand to work on the bike. I floor jacked this bracket into place while a helper to held the bike. Finally it was correct- no rubbing. Everything works fine. My wife was pissed with the bike thing in general then looked at it and called it ugly. I rode it to work the next day and within 1 mile a van pulled out in front of me while I was doin 45 MPH. No drama I was just pissed…

Old 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #8

I remember looking at your pictures before i ordered. Mine does say supermoto too but it is on the front forks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaguy

Old 12-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #9

Nice loking bike... just one thing..is that a dummy muffler on the left side? wonder why they did that?

Change the oil, very often at first then ride the crap out of it... I have over 5,000 miles on mine now, and hae never had a engine problem.

After you get used to the bike. I would HIGHLY suggest changing that huge rear sproket to a 46 or 42T. It will make the bike much nicer on the street.. I got mine from EJ Cycles.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #10

Yep, dummy muffler, the end cap pops off and it is a good size storage container. Thanks for the sprocket info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens97sto171
Nice loking bike... just one thing..is that a dummy muffler on the left side? wonder why they did that?

Change the oil, very often at first then ride the crap out of it... I have over 5,000 miles on mine now, and hae never had a engine problem.

After you get used to the bike. I would HIGHLY suggest changing that huge rear sproket to a 46 or 42T. It will make the bike much nicer on the street.. I got mine from EJ Cycles.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUG
Wow, you waited a week to open, you have way more self control than i do. I had mine opened before the truck driver was back in his truck.

I also put the handlebars on before the twist throttle. On mine the wire that need to be plugged in were color matched with the main harness with the exception of one. It was a black ground wire for the headlight that connected to green at the harness.

Good thinking on the speedo cable, i will have to do that. Where did you buy your from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo

How long did it take you to get the bike from powersportsmax? I plan to order from them in Jan. Also did you get the free shipping with liftgate etc... Also how did you get the crate into the garage?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #12

Quote:

How long did it take you to get the bike from powersportsmax? I plan to order from them in Jan. Also did you get the free shipping with liftgate etc... Also how did you get the crate into the garage?
Placed order on 11/26, the day before Thanksgiving, they shipped on 12/3 arrived 12/10. I placed the order on Bike2go.com which is owned by the same company that owns powersportsmax (my CC statement showed powersportsmax) only difference is bike2go has free shipping but the total price is the same on both sites. Liftgate and residential delivery is included. The driver brought it into the garage on a cart no question asked, he wouldn't even except a tip.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #13

Sharp looking bike. I love the picture of the bike sitting on the upside down bucket of joint compound, did it work as good as it looked? I usually just use a cmu and a few scrap boards, or hang it form the rafter with a tiedown strap.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #14

Funny thing is, a friend of mine has a 2004 Yumbo... looks identical except for the color.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUG
I remember looking at your pictures before i ordered. Mine does say supermoto too but it is on the front forks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaguy

Pennsylvania puts their inspection stickers on the motorcycle's left front fork, so I removed the "supermoto" stickers on both sides. I would probably remove some other stickers also, but I think they were covered with clearcoat.

I would also recommend a rear sprocket change. I think I went to a 44t from a 56t and it made a vast improvement for street riding. The engine doesn't need to rev as hard at road speeds.