Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Warm stalling issue with GY6 (Hensim) 150

Howdy all,
I have encountered my first little bump in the road with this ride. After 15-20 min of trouble-free riding, the ATV will now sputter then stall. To restart, you need to wait a minute or two, then it will start up (eventually) then run for a short period, perhaps 1/4 mi then stall again. It does not do this when cold. It feel like flooding rather than leanining out, but I am not completely certain. I removed the fuel filter and ran the fuel line over a frame piece and down into the carb so the fuel is not running up hill but still does the same thing. There is no fuel pump on this model. Any ideas I can try before I start wrenching?
Dr.Phil

Old 03-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #2

im not saying that its the problem once i had a 150 act the same way and it was the coil it even had fire and would spit and sputter after it got hot and tried to crank when it does this i would feed it a little gas wd40 or some starting aid to see if lacks fuel to check for a carb fuel problem
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #3

A coil will do that. So will a non-venting gas cap. Next time it stalls, listen carefully and loosen the cap abit then try to restart.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #4

The auto fuel enricher or choke can stick and not close fully and would cause a rich "bog"
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #5

The above replies are all good possibilities- but my first guess would be that your impression of it flooding out is accurate. Sounds like a little dirt may be causing the float to stick, and thereby causing the motor to flood out.

Is there a fuel filter on your bike? (Mine Vbike didn't come with one, so I installed one myself).

If there is no fuel filter, the scenario I described is even more likely. I had the same thing happen with my tractor a while back- and it was driving me nutz! (and it has a fuel filter!).

I'd take the fuel bowl on the carb apart, and clean it...then it would work good for about an hour..and then the trouble would start again (and everyone was telling me it sounded like the coil, too!)- finally, I took my gas tank to get boiled out, and cleaned the bowl one last time...and that solved the tractor's problem.

On these small engines, even more so, just the tiniest piece of dirt can cause the float to just stick partially, and that will be enough to do it- and that's what it sounds like to me is happening.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #6

also check the petcock. the screen can get clogged up and cause the same symptoms.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #7

Make sure your vent is not plugged on your fuel tank. The easy way to test this is to run it with the fuel cap not tight.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Make sure your vent is not plugged on your fuel tank. The easy way to test this is to run it with the fuel cap not tight.
This is a very common problem with these chines units.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250