Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #1

Hi from Langley, BC

Hi, great forum! Recently bought a Gio mini beast 110cc for my son and have been getting great advice from Weldngrind, TurboT and yozalo. Any tips on using the search to look at archived tech issues for Gio. Hard to narow things down. Thanks all.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #2

I feel like I know you already, but here's your official welcome!

I don't actually search the archives much, all I do is check "View posts since last visit." If you bring up a topic that has been previously posted, someone will point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #3

Ditto welcome and we almost have enough members for a BC ChinaRiders show and shine.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #4

Or at least an awesome ride someday. My vote is for Nickelmine.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Or at least an awesome ride someday. My vote is for Nickelmine.
I'm in Big D, when we going? 8)

Old 08-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #6

Quads? Immediately. Bikes? Need to put mine together first. :oops:

Are you planning to buy a quad TurboT?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #7

Quote:

If you need an extra set of hands I can come twist wrench on your Honda, I can belittle myself for an afternoon working on that stuff.
Might need you to hold the vacuum while I pilot the tap on the YZ.

No real plans on a Quad my size at the moment. I was washing and looking over my mini beast today and my neighbour came over and wants to buy one so might be hitting the auction site for yet another. At this rate, I should open a dealer account.

I'm sure the yz will go where the quads go, so I don't mind if you're on a quad. As much as I'd like a bigger sized unit, I don't know where I'd store it down here. Hell I'd even switch up with you and let you have a go at the yz, if you promise to fix what you break.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:

If you need an extra set of hands I can come twist wrench on your Honda, I can belittle myself for an afternoon working on that stuff.
Boo.
Quote:
Might need you to hold the vacuum while I pilot the tap on the YZ.
If you had bought a Honda, you wouldn't be trying to tap new threads.

Quote:
I'm sure the yz will go where the quads go, so I don't mind if you're on a quad. As much as I'd like a bigger sized unit, I don't know where I'd store it down here. Hell I'd even switch up with you and let you have a go at the yz, if you promise to fix what you break.
Your bike is more than capable, it's just the like-machine riding experience that I'm referencing, much like our earlier comments to eflyersteve. BTW, I can crash a YZ with as much style as the next guy.

Two things, and then we need to stop crashing crhunter's intro. Do you need shop time to fix your bike? If so, I'm off all next week. Also, if you bought a quad, could you store it at your parents?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 AM   #9

Seems everyone I let try my bike lays it down, which is something I've yet to accomplish. Matter of time I'm sure.

Storing a larger quad at my parents is possible however it would be a tight fit in their garage as well, due to my dad having two large toolboxes and a bunch of other things plus his car in there. I'd be more inclined to leave it up in pemberton with a plow (which would be fun!) but then it's not here, it's there... much like my bike at the moment. (Surronded by forest fires I might add) I'd also have to come up with the cashola for a larger one and then convince the wife we'd just have to have one.

As for shop time, perhaps. I might have to go get the thing out of the smoke filled valley. The house is being used as an emergency shelter at the moment, and I'm not happy with strangers surrounding my unlocked, unchained, no key needed baby. It's due for that oil change and a chain adjustment so it might be fun. I'd just need to find time to get up there and get it.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #10

Welcome!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894