Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #1

Gio's "new" mini with 110cc

First Impressions

This bike is the 2010 Mini ATV with a 110cc. It is the same as the previous model that was sold with a 50cc engine as far as I can tell.

Arrived fine, zero damage, all parts including a few small extras were there.

Actual assy. took 30 minutes, not counting time taken to check existing bolts for tighness, etc. Went together so easy a kid could do it.

No oil in engine. Not even the usual Chicom cooking oil they ship it with. Drain plug had some kind of black tar like crap on it.

Gave it 3/4 liter of some C/T 10W-30 i had laying around, fueled it, and it started in 10 seconds.

Battery arrived charged. Small little 4AH sealed batt.
NOTE: The 9AH batt that ships with the 200cc Beast will fit...but only after a few minutes with a heat gun. The chamber under the seat is too small by less than an 1/8". Heat gun will work, but for now the 4AH one is in there.

The little batt turns over the engine just fine.

NO TAILIGHT...dont like this at all. It has a brakelight, but I want some tail ...Grote to the rescue tommorow.

Hmm..update....seat chaffed the positive fuse wire...missed that because I was in a hurry to get it ready for him before he came home from school...darn...30 second fix, but still.

hes been ripping around for an hour and the fuel tank is barely down a 1/4...not bad.

More later.

OK, so drained the 10W-30 after 15 minutes and put in Honda stuff. The Honda oil is staying for awhile because you have to remove the main frame brace to access the drain plug. 4 bolts, 4 screws, 8 nuts.

The bike is snappy. No two ways about it. It had a 30 minute break in after the 15 minutes and it was done as far as I'm concerned.

My youngest kid (who paid for most of it) really likes it. Main reason is because he can throw it around

Old 10-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #2

Hey Pete,

Looks like you're happy with the unit, good to hear! The 110 motor is awesome as I mentioned before.

Just a word of advice, if you didn't already, loctite the battery connector bolts, or use some form of nyloc nut. I've seen three of these things toss the connectors and dissapear into nowhere land. I'm sure you noticed the size of the connector bolts, they are tough to find a good replacement if they go missing.

I couldn't tell from the photos, but is this a single exhaust or dual???

Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Hey Pete,

Looks like you're happy with the unit, good to hear! The 110 motor is awesome as I mentioned before.

Just a word of advice, if you didn't already, loctite the battery connector bolts, or use some form of nyloc nut. I've seen three of these things toss the connectors and dissapear into nowhere land. I'm sure you noticed the size of the connector bolts, they are tough to find a good replacement if they go missing.

I couldn't tell from the photos, but is this a single exhaust or dual???
Sigh....I knew I shouldnt have posted that ass end pic ....It is supposed to be dual...it is single....it is red....I ordered orange.....Mr. Gio and I are in discussion as I type this.

Happy with the unit...other things not so much...

Yep, the connectors for the batt are miniscule, but its going by the wayside tommorow and the 9AH Beast one is going in....just have to deform the molded in batt box with a heat gun.

I'll use the 4AH to power an electric hooka or something :P :P

It is a COOL little toy though, it honestly goes like a batt outa Hell
EDIT: BTW...thats my ex wife in the above pic..upper left.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #4

Ahh... I'm surprised it's single exhaust, even my 50 has the dual.. what the real purpose of the dual pipe I don't know, it comes out of one port and splits so, does it matter for performance? I don't know.

..and I did remember you said you ordered the orange one, I was wondering if it was just your camera skills or if it was indeed red. I had heard of some folks getting the wrong color, but you're the first to completely confirm it. 8O

I've never had battery issues with mine, other than the connectors.. and when it was bleepin cold up north...but of course, if you want more power, all the 'power' to you on the mod.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Ahh... I'm surprised it's single exhaust, even my 50 has the dual.. what the real purpose of the dual pipe I don't know, it comes out of one port and splits so, does it matter for performance? I don't know.

..and I did remember you said you ordered the orange one, I was wondering if it was just your camera skills or if it was indeed red. I had heard of some folks getting the wrong color, but you're the first to completely confirm it. 8O

I've never had battery issues with mine, other than the connectors.. and when it was bleepin cold up north...but of course, if you want more power, all the 'power' to you on the mod.
Dual probably does zip except for looks...but I paid for dual... I want the dual.....end of story IMHO.

I can live with the wrong color but it wont come free. If I had wanted red I would have ordered red. A small gesture will cover it. An NGK plug wire or something equally Mickey Mouse.

If he decides to be an a$$hole about things, then it goes back in the crate.

This is not the first "mistake"...lets say 10th, easy. Had enough of the game.

TurboT, its not that i want to mod the heck out of it, but the 9AH batt is sitting there doing nothing right? Why not have the small 4AH sitting there doing nothing instead?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Dual probably does zip except for looks...but I paid for dual... I want the dual.....end of story IMHO.

I can live with the wrong color but it wont come free. If I had wanted red I would have ordered red. A small gesture will cover it. An NGK plug wire or something equally Mickey Mouse.

TurboT, its not that i want to mod the heck out of it, but the 9AH batt is sitting there doing nothing right? Why not have the small 4AH sitting there doing nothing instead?
Sorry to hear there have been other 'mistakes' ... I've only had one really, and I let it go.. maybe shouldn't have but whatever, it was minor..otherwise it's all been good.

Well, at least you know the dual exhaust should just bolt in there as a replacement, since the thing looks identical to my 50 with dual exhaust.

Mate you do whatever you like with the batteries, their yours. You're just much more ambitious than me.. I spend enough time tightening wheel nuts and chains and swingarm bushing re and re's to ADD to my tinkering list. Plus I have a load of Beast parts coming I can't wait to put on.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Sorry to hear there have been other 'mistakes' ... I've only had one really, and I let it go.. maybe shouldn't have but whatever, it was minor..otherwise it's all been good.

Well, at least you know the dual exhaust should just bolt in there as a replacement, since the thing looks identical to my 50 with dual exhaust.

Mate you do whatever you like with the batteries, their yours. You're just much more ambitious than me.. I spend enough time tightening wheel nuts and chains and swingarm bushing re and re's to ADD to my tinkering list. Plus I have a load of Beast parts coming I can't wait to put on.
We need a blow by blow account of all these beast parts eh?

I'm far from ambitious!! I just have one of them thar commercial type heat guns and the batt receptacle is already close....just needs some gentle persuaion....no fabrication, no nothing.

Just to my thinking 9AH is better than 4AH, even though I will be the first to admit the little 4AH has been performing wonderfully to this point.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #8

Although I ordered the CDI & Mikuni, I am having second thoughts about installing them.
This little guy already hits speeds WAY WAY faster than what the suspension, wheels, steering are capable of handling.

Seat of pants says its doing at least 40/50 KPH and still accelerating strongly when common sense prevailed. Perception is skewed because its so small and you are so close to the ground though.

I purchased the upgrade parts on checkout because the prices were below auction when taking in to account fees and seperate shipping.

This is a tough decision. The throtle response and idle are very, very good as is. It starts and runs like a top.

My brain is telling me leave well enough alone, but then I think "well, carb & CDI are just sitting there...).

Only one other little minor problem so far which was probably my fault. After repairing the chaffed fuse holder wire I had a no start condition awhile later. Of course I went back to the same spot to look and sure enough the wire had worked its way out of the fuse holder this time.

Thats 2 stikes which is one too many, so its gone. I have a mini blade type holder laying around somewhere and I'll wire that in today. Might take all of 10 minutes.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #9

Small chassis and a big engine... Kind of like a Vega with a 350! It's too bad about the color and exhaust thing, I kind of get the impression that John does such a large volume of business that mistakes are inevitable. I hope he makes it right to you, like you said, some small token to make up for the mistake. I have only dealt with him a couple of times on shipping damage stuff and he sounded sincere.

On the perf parts front, if it was running good I would be inclined to leave it and either save the parts for spares when something breaks or flog em on ebay. Choice is up to you, but my school of thought is "if it aint broke..." I think your son will have a blast with it!

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #10

Yeah, i also got the upgraded carb and cdi for my son's 50cc but it runs too good stock so both mods haven't gone on yet, i'll be putting the mikuni on my T1 Rebel instead.
I can understand that it only came with single exhaust, same as the mini hummer and T1 Rebel that use the 110cc engine, and i pretty sure the pictures that gio has up for this 110cc are actually the 50cc pics, have a look at the engine in the pic and see if your 110cc has that chrome round pc on the head that you can see in the pics, i'm pretty sure the 110 doesn't have that pc.
Oh well, as you say these are fun little toys, i just wish some people would show some bidding etiquette, these things are going for crazy prices, i got mine for $100 5 months ago and have seen them go for as low as $79, now my friend wants one but i can't even get one close to $120, i guess more people know about this website now and when you get 1 guy that autobids every quad on 2 pages it just screws up everything.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #11

I paid 162 and was lucky to get it. I think when they first came out they were experimenting a little and now the. Market has set the price.
As for the dual exhaust it is supposed to come wirh it according to the new description and pics shown on the website, therefore I kinda want what I paid for.

I need an entire new header pipe as well as another can.

As TurboT also mentioned these are killer little 110's and I am seriously considering a mini beast for my daugther to play around on.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
I paid 162 and was lucky to get it. I think when they first came out they were experimenting a little and now the. Market has set the price.
As for the dual exhaust it is supposed to come wirh it according to the new description and pics shown on the website, therefore I kinda want what I paid for.

I need an entire new header pipe as well as another can.

As TurboT also mentioned these are killer little 110's and I am seriously considering a mini beast for my daugther to play around on.
My 110 Mini Beast came out of the box and runs like a top with no adjustements. I put the CDI on for fun and it did seem to repair the occasional misfire. When I got it, lots of people told me to upgrade it with performance parts and better carb, and I just found it perfectly fine the way it is.

As you say, it roars up to speed just fine to the point I wouldn't want to go faster on it, let alone let me 7 year old have more speed. The suspension already bucked my daughter off, and if there were any upgrades I'd spend money on it would be shocks.

Too bad you weren't close to me Pete, I've got this mini beast sitting here, and it's even orange.

I would say if you can get the Mini Beast together in 30 mins, I'll call you "Sir"

Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Yeah, i also got the upgraded carb and cdi for my son's 50cc but it runs too good stock so both mods haven't gone on yet, i'll be putting the mikuni on my T1 Rebel instead.
I can understand that it only came with single exhaust, same as the mini hummer and T1 Rebel that use the 110cc engine, and i pretty sure the pictures that gio has up for this 110cc are actually the 50cc pics, have a look at the engine in the pic and see if your 110cc has that chrome round pc on the head that you can see in the pics, i'm pretty sure the 110 doesn't have that pc.
Oh well, as you say these are fun little toys, i just wish some people would show some bidding etiquette, these things are going for crazy prices, i got mine for $100 5 months ago and have seen them go for as low as $79, now my friend wants one but i can't even get one close to $120, i guess more people know about this website now and when you get 1 guy that autobids every quad on 2 pages it just screws up everything.
I bought my first 50cc for 180 auction price I believe, and the second one I bought was for $99. Big difference. I spoke to John about this, and he said it was because they had a lot of 50cc in stock, and were running more frequent auctions so the prices were cheaper. I remember seeing the amount of ATV auctions pushing 100 during the summer, while right now they are at 37. This could be the reason for the higher prices currently, as they are not selling as many, so people who want them have to pay more. Supply and demand at it's best.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #14

Good point TurboT, but i think the auction count of 37 is extremely low becuase there is no more mini hummers up right now, the other day there was almost 60 up for bidding, i still think when one guy autobids on every quad on 1 page it just jacks the price for everyone, especially when in one week he hasn't won anything.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Good point TurboT, but i think the auction count of 37 is extremely low becuase there is no more mini hummers up right now, the other day there was almost 60 up for bidding, i still think when one guy autobids on every quad on 1 page it just jacks the price for everyone, especially when in one week he hasn't won anything.
I noticed the other day there were lots of Mini Hummers and then nothing. He must have wanted to burn through them, wonder if there's an updated model coming?

Yes, I hear what you're saying on the bids. I'm having that issue with the performance exhaust right now.. there are a couple username there pumping the bids and never seem to win. It's like, 'buy one and piss off!!"