Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #1

I love my china enduro!

Hello all, I have been lurking for a while here reading all the posts and gathering info for my next china bike purchase :P Right now I have probably one of the cheapiest china bikes you can get... I dont even know what the heck it is (xmoto is what the sales slip says but I have googled to no end trying to find info on it) lol I paid $800 for it brand new and I know the dealer only paid $550 for it but I had never been on a motor cycle before and figured a cheap bike would be the best way to see if I liked it or not. Now I am in love with my bike lmao. SO far there have only been a few minor problems, I had to replace the tube in the front tire and the speedometer cable broke at about 250 miles ... still trying to find a replacement for that lol.

This is the bike I bought (this is the dealers website)
http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...oducts_id/1061

They have a 250cc version as well but it is only really a 230... and its ugly! I had considered getting the 250 for my next bike (and removing the plastic and spraying it a different color lol) but I think I would like to go with something a little more well known... for parts etc.

So due to spuds reports and all the info I read on this forum I have decided to go with the zongshen sierra 200cc bike. I believe I can get one from the same dealer spud got his bike from for $999. I am moving from AZ to OR in a month and I can drive to seattle and pick up the bike and not deal with shipping. its a 2006 model but I figure its brand new so who cares right? I am so excited!!!

So I just wanted to say hi, tell everyoe how much I love my china dual sport considering I could never afford a $3000 bike right now... and share my excitement (which I know all of you have felt) knowing I found my next bike... the sierra.
Now I just have to twiddle my thumbs til I move and can purchase one *sigh*

Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #2

Welcome to these forums, Melissann; we are very glad you joined us! I need to get a sales commission from that guy in Seattle!

Please keep us updated regarding your move, and your new bike purchase.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #3

Yeah you should be lol... the way I figure if I have any problems Ill just ship you in from idaho and have you help me lol.

I am very new to bikes but I love taking things apart and I want to learn how to do my own mods etc. I want to know how to fix and diagnose problems if they arise. This forum has been a great source of info.
Thanx spud

Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissann
Yeah you should be lol... the way I figure if I have any problems Ill just ship you in from idaho and have you help me lol.

I am very new to bikes but I love taking things apart and I want to learn how to do my own mods etc. I want to know how to fix and diagnose problems if they arise. This forum has been a great source of info.
Thanx spud
You are very welcome! Thank you for the kind words.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #5

Hi melissann,

Welcome to contributing to the forums instead of just lurking.

If your bike is an Xmoto, from what I've read, it's one of the larger bike makers in China, and has good reviews. I do believe there is a manufacturer's rep from Xmoto as a member of the site, although I don't see her here much. I didn't think they made dual sports though, as I've seen them more in the 'pure dirt' world.

You can't go wrong with a Zong, especially being a member of this forum. It's like having a full service dealership and support network with Spud's contributions alone.

Spud: I don't think that dealer is the only one who should be paying you commission. Zongshen itself should be searching you out for marketing and sales commissions, and tech support articles.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #6

Turbo... thats the thing is idk if it really is an xmoto. The dealer who sold it to me used to sell shineray... but on the sales slip shineray is crossed out and x moto written in its place. I can not see any actual identification on the bike accept the fact that its a "gy". The only thing I have to go on is the sales receipt. So who knows.... you can see it on the link above. Maybe someone here will know what it is lol. Doesnt matter too much anyway cause Im giving this one to a friend and buying a zong when I move (yay!)

Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #7

Depending on where you move in Oregon, you might be close enough to come out to my area and get a Q. My friend is a dealer.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Turbo... thats the thing is idk if it really is an xmoto. The dealer who sold it to me used to sell shineray... but on the sales slip shineray is crossed out and x moto written in its place. I can not see any actual identification on the bike accept the fact that its a "gy". The only thing I have to go on is the sales receipt. So who knows.... you can see it on the link above. Maybe someone here will know what it is lol. Doesnt matter too much anyway cause Im giving this one to a friend and buying a zong when I move (yay!)
It does look like a Lifan to me, but I'd pass on confirming to the others in the forum who know more about these dual sports.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #9

I thought it looked like a lifan as well and is actually insured as such since xmoto was not on list of bikes.

I am moving to a city about an 1.5 hours east of portland... I see on the forums the Q's are a lot more pricey. Does your friend have a website? what are his prices like? In the $1000 range... cause thats what im going to pay for the zong.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #10

I'm about 3.5 hrs east of Portland, on the WA/OR border.

Q's go for $1,800 and up, so you might be better with a Zong, especially if you don't ride off road much.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #11

wow cool... thats pretty close to where Ill be. I only go off road to get to hiking trails. I need something to go down dirt roads etc but I dont do a whole lot of off road trail riding... i prefer to ride my bike to the trail and then hike it. :wink: The bike needs to be able to handle some crappy fire roads/back roads etc but not much more

Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #12

Quote:
wow cool... thats pretty close to where Ill be. I only go off road to get to hiking trails. I need something to go down dirt roads etc but I dont do a whole lot of off road trail riding... i prefer to ride my bike to the trail and then hike it. :wink: The bike needs to be able to handle some crappy fire roads/back roads etc but not much more
A Zong would be perfect for you. Also Phil has a lead on dual sport tires for them that should work out very well for you.

You will LOVE hiking in The Columbia River Gorge!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #13

I sure hope so... I moved to AZ a year ago and live up in the mountains... the landscape here is breath-taking. I dont want to leave lol the weather is wonderful and you can ride year round. The place I am moving to supposedly has very nice weather not a lot of rain or snow and tons of hiking so Im crossing my fingers I will like it there as well.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #14

Quote:
I sure hope so... I moved to AZ a year ago and live up in the mountains... the landscape here is breath-taking. I dont want to leave lol the weather is wonderful and you can ride year round. The place I am moving to supposedly has very nice weather not a lot of rain or snow and tons of hiking so Im crossing my fingers I will like it there as well.
It sounds like you will be near Hood River. I lived in suburban Portland for nine years; I loved hiking in the Columbia River Gorge!

The QLink bikes are much taller than the Zong. If you have a shorter inseam, you will prefer to own the Zongshen 200GY-2. The Zong seems ideally suited to your new home, and your preferred riding style; just don't take the Zong out on Interstate 84! 8O

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #15

Quote:
...I can not see any actual identification on the bike accept the fact that its a "gy". The only thing I have to go on is the sales receipt. So who knows.... you can see it on the link above. Maybe someone here will know what it is lol. Doesnt matter too much anyway cause Im giving this one to a friend and buying a zong when I move (yay!)
Check the VIN (vehicle identification number) on the steering stem of the motorcycle, or your vehicle's title. You can determine the manufacturer from the first part of the VIN.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220