Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #1

Everybody wish me luck!

Going for my Motorcycle license test today I only have my permit... have to drive an hour and a half to the nearest mvd that has a driving course lol.

So everyone wish me luck... of course I really risk being embarrassed here if I dont pass lmao. Im pretty sure I can handle it... at least I hope I can!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #2

Good Luck! I am sure you will do fine.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #3

No worries. Take your time, focus, and enjoy. All you have to show them is what you already know.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #4

Best of luck!

Don't worry about passing (try not to worry about anything - life's too short). When I took my motorcycle road test, it was designed to fail everybody on the first attempt in an effort to humble the rider. I know that's cheesy, but that's how they did it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #5

When I took my driving test, The trooper failed my left turns. I arced my turn he said and I should have made square left turns. Still passed the test easy enough.

When my little brother did his test, the trooper sped up and locked the brakes behind my brother as he was making his last turn back to the DPS office. The trooper deducted from an otherwise perfect score because he jerked his head around when he heard the tire screaches. Said he should have used his mirrors!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #6

Good luck.

Here, the motorcycle test was one of the easier tests to pass, well actually, everything beyond the initial graduated licensing tests was easy. It was much easier to pass the class 1 (truck) test then to get a car license. :roll:

Old 05-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #7

Positive thoughts your way. I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #8

well I failed I guess I just have to wait til I move to get my license. I was really upset at first cause I had to plan this whole day... baby sitter for my youngest son friend took day off work to drive me an hour and a half to testing place... whole day for nothing lol. Im over it now but I cried lmao Im such a girl! The testing area was maybe 25ft by 40ft fenced in area... trying to manuver around in fisrt gear etc etc... I just couldnt do what they were asking me to... I tried but I failed before the test was even over :oops: I guess I just have to practice going around cones from a stopped position at really sharp angles more... I dont get much of that on the rd. (or off rd for that matter) *sigh* im really disappointed but Ill just have to try again in OR after I get more practice... I just didnt want to have to take another permit test and go through all that again... I was hoping to just get it here and transfer it up there. Such is life I suppose!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissann
well I failed I guess I just have to wait til I move to get my license. I was really upset at first cause I had to plan this whole day... baby sitter for my youngest son friend took day off work to drive me an hour and a half to testing place... whole day for nothing lol. Im over it now but I cried lmao Im such a girl! The testing area was maybe 25ft by 40ft fenced in area... trying to manuver around in fisrt gear etc etc... I just couldnt do what they were asking me to... I tried but I failed before the test was even over :oops: I guess I just have to practice going around cones from a stopped position at really sharp angles more... I dont get much of that on the rd. (or off rd for that matter) *sigh* im really disappointed but Ill just have to try again in OR after I get more practice... I just didnt want to have to take another permit test and go through all that again... I was hoping to just get it here and transfer it up there. Such is life I suppose!
You're cool.

The 'practical' tests are not very practical. I've known some very good riders to not pass on the first try because the test has little to do with the real world of motorcycling. I think I might have a hard time on such a tight course, especially on the Gold Wing. 8O

Now that you've done it, you can reproduce and practice what you need to do until it's easy and then pass the test.

You can also do an MSF course and then you get your license when you're done.

Either way, I appreciate it sucks, but you're still cool. 8)

Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #10

Sorry to hear that!

One of those things you never know what you need to practise until you take the test. Now you know and will be good to go next time!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #11

I disagree FastDoc about that stuff not being practical in the real world, I think it is all good stuff to know.

Melissann I don't know if there are any nearby, but if you have the ability to take a motorcycle course I would highly recommend it, I'm sure Spud would too

Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #12

i agree tight stuff is in the real world go through the flags, follow the arrows with your class on them to the last markers dont put your foot down no crashing and dont roll backwards.
seriously dont let it get you if every time something didnt go like i planned or i got knocked i would be in such a hole if i wanted a rear zong tire i would so low i could ask the first person i seen to hand me that tire off of the line. i would be so low i might even be a dealer "those chinese sickels"
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #13

I took my test on a 750 shadow in the snow. Welcome to MN. 8O

Anyway. Just practice what they asked you to do or better yet go take an MSF course.

Allen

Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #14

You know what You're in store for now, Practice in a parking lot and gitter dun.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #15

I agree with the motorcycle safety course recommendation. Not only because it will help you pass, but because it will make you a more prepared rider. It's nuts out there.

We're all pulling for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer