Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #1

tao tao 110cc atv

I got a 110cc tao tao atv like 2 or 3 years ago and it has only been rode like 8 or 9 times and last time my little brother was riding it, it just shutoff for no reason. but then it would start but if u hit the throttle it would just die. at first i thought it was a fuel or air filter problem. but i took the carburator off and the choke lever was seperated from the choce flap thing and i fixed that and i sprayed a little wd-40 in the carb to clean it and put it back in my atv and now it will turnover and try to start but wont start. please can smebody help me i really want to ride it really bad.

p.s. before that happened it was running perfect and i could get going like 35. i know thats slow but it is still fun so please help me

Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #2

Have you replaced the plug? Try a new NGK.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #3

thanks for the advice but i did get it running. I just had to keep trying to start it and it finally did.

but now that i got it running i rode it for a little while it quit running and i choked it and it started again but i took it off of choke and it died so i put the choke back on and it started and i was able to ride it with the choke on and it died about 3/4 throttle. Now it will start and run with the choke off but it starts to sputter out about 3/4 throttle and if you let off the throttel then hit full throttel it will work can somebody please tell me whats wrong im sure its something minor so if anyone will please help i will greatly appriciate it