Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #1

GIO Rebel T3 Rear Performance Shock

I searched and can't seem to find a definitive answer to whether or not the performance front shocks that GIO sells for the Beast will work on the rear or if it's a different part.

I have a T3 on the way and I've ordered the upgraded carb, CDI, and front performance shocks. Is a performance rear shock a worthwhile upgrade?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #2

I have two of the performance rear shocks but still haven't bothered to put one on my 200cc beast, the stock rear shock isn't too bad, plus i've heard others say that if your going to use the performance rear shock that it works better when using the stock spring, the spring the performance rear shock comes with is a bit stiff. The front shocks are 2" longer eye to eye so i don't think you'd be able to use a front shock on the rear.

Not sure if you plan on doing any exhaust work on your T3 or adding a UNI air filter, if you do both i'd suggest rejetting that new carb to a 110 main and 25 pilot, that is what i have gone to on my Beast.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I think I'll hold off on the rear shock for now. Good to know that the stock shock isn't too bad. I was afraid that they would be like the stock shocks on my young lad's mini hummer. I can barely budge them so it's quite a jarring ride.

I wasn't planning on doing the exhaust yet but was hoping to source a UNI filter locally. Would the re-jetting help if I leave the exhaust as-is?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango360
Thanks for the info. I think I'll hold off on the rear shock for now. Good to know that the stock shock isn't too bad. I was afraid that they would be like the stock shocks on my young lad's mini hummer. I can barely budge them so it's quite a jarring ride.

I wasn't planning on doing the exhaust yet but was hoping to source a UNI filter locally. Would the re-jetting help if I leave the exhaust as-is?
Normally just adding the UNI, which will result in more airflow, is usually good for 2 jets sizes up on the main, also with winter coming i think you'll find if you increase the pilot jet it will make for easier starts, if it is the perforamance mikuni carb from GIO then it should come with a 100 main and 20 pilot, if i were you i'd jet it before even putting it on to save from doing it later, since jets are cheap i would buy a 105 and 110 main and just go right to the 25 pilot, start with the 105 main and then just keep an eye on your plug to see if your rich or lean, most people notice backfiring or breaking up on the top end as being a lean condition, if your does that with the 105 then i'd goto the 110. You also have the jet needle that you can adjust, for reference mine is on the 4th groove down from the top, if you get the UNI theb we will have the same mods other than the exhaust.

Just make sure you take the T3 for a ride before modding, then you'll be able to see how much of a difference it really makes with these easy mods. Oh yeah, make sure you put a real NGK spark plug in it, i use the DR8ES-L in my beast, and also don't even think about starting the engine without removing the crap shipping oil first, use some good quality motorcycle oil, i use the Castrol 10w/40 motorcycle oil.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #5

Out of the three local bike shops, none had jets or UNI filters in stock so I've ordered everything and hope to see the jets this week and the filter in a few weeks (backordered).

Went to CT and stocked up on atv oil, NGK plugs, washers, fuel line, fuel filter, dielectric grease and bought a pack of zerks so that I can install one in the rear axle carrier.

Thankfully, I found these forums so that I could research exactly what I need. T3 should be here early next week and I'll post some pics once I'm done.