Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

Rebel T3 110cc wont start again....

Hi all, I would appreciate some help.

I had change the carb to a mikuny and after ajusting and asking questions on this form I quit... and then went back to the stock carb. Now my kids used it one or twice and then it was parked for 2 months... Now i am trying to start it and it wont fire up... I am usualy very mechanicle, I can rebuild holley's and do all my mechanical work on a car.... but this little bike is driving me nuts...

it seems to flood very fast, I have tryed fresh ngk spark plug still no start....I have fire and I have gas, dose anyone have a trick or a suggestion to get this @#$ing bike to start... i do have fire and a performance CDI, was working well last time it was used...
HELP please

Old 11-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #2

http://www.dansmc.com/troubleshooting2.htm

This is a great troubleshooting page.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

My guess is that the carb is dirty. I use carb cleaner from Wal-Mart and spray out the passages.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #4

I just put mine together today and it would not start with the stock carb.

I noticed air in the fuel lines (replaced the black stock lines with clear lines). Even after bleeding the lines, the air reappeared. Checked all the lines and all was good.

I pulled the carb apart and my guess is that the gasket for the float bowl wasn't sealing properly and letting in air. After reassembling, the air was gone and it started right away. I would still be pulling out my hair if it wasn't for the clear fuel lines.

It doesn't take long to tear these apart, clean, and reassemble them.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #5

thanks, i will take the new mikuni apart to find it's problem and replace the one that is there now as i have had nothing but problems since new.

last I tried the mikuni, I could not get it started at all and it had gas and spark at that time also. keeps flodding i guess, but even after replacing the spark plug with new NGK, it still did not start...
I will try again and report any progress.
thanks

Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #6

It sounds trivial but the only problems I've ever had with my Gio 110cc not starting were to do with three things...

1) Highly Sensitive to air temp/choke position
2) Battery not FULLY charged. (it dies quick too if not starting right away)
3) Stupid dead/man kill switch at the back being tipped off some and not noticed.

These are the three main problems I've experienced more than once.

I have seen some with bad wiring connections causing similar problems, but very hard to find and become guesswork here.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #7

If he's got spark I don't think it would be the kill switch or the wiring.

Lets simplify this:

ANY engine with the correct fuel/air mixture, over 100lbs of compression, and a correctly timed spark and valvetrain MUST run.

Back to basics. Check the valves, check compression, and check timing. Check carburation and the air filter. It's also possible the spark is not adequate. It needs to be able to jump 1/4" at standard air pressure to jump .028" under cylinder compression.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #8

ok guy's got it running with the original carb, full choke, full charge batt and it cranked for a long time before it started (was with bran new plug) it smoked for a bit and then go back to normal... now i will try the mikuno again as i am having a lot idling issues with the original carb. it goes up and down not a stable idle...
thanks

Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #9

Sounds like a vacuum leak. TurboT's Beast had a bad leak where the intake tube meets the head; the o-ring groove was cut too deep, so the o-ring couldn't seal.

Read about it here on page four: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...r=asc&start=45

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #10

VACUUM LEAK

IF you are having troubles with it not running or wit the choke on it will run... as mentioned above there is avacuum leak.. the best way to check for this is to .. get it running( if possible) with the choke on... spray either around the carb base and other pipe area's . if it stalls out or revs up.. that is where your leak is.. sometimes at the carb or the carb pipe.. I have had to use a CORK gasket.. nothing on the cork.. and it works.. if you can close the air adjustment screw all the way in .. that is another way to know that you have a vacuum leak.. make sure the orings are in place and facing the right ways..