Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #1

Pro Circuit Exhaust T4 Install on the Qlink

Ok Here it is - Installed the Pro Cicuit T4 on my 2009 QLINK XF200 Today.

The Stock SYSTEM

Stock Header

Stock - Man this This HUGE and Heavy!

NEW and OLD Comparison - The Pro Circuit is WAY WAY Lighter!

New Header Pipe - I am Going to have to add a Washer in here becuase I didn't like the Sloppyness - Just have to add a washer to get her to tighten up a bit more - But fits nice.

Added Some Header Tape under the AIRBOX because I didn't like that is was a little closer then the stock pipe - But with a little adjustment could be moved away - Just bad measurement on my part with the rear hanger.

A Rear Hanger needed to be made and fabricated for proper fitment. -

I added The rubber to the hanger from the original Exhaust Hanger -

Pipe Fitment is Good with alittle adjusting here and there -No Problems

Next I had to Fabricate a Lower Bracket to STRENGTHEN up the System all togather!

The Finished Product -

I am VERY Please with the overall Complete Exhuast System - Only had to Fab up a few Brackets and Hangers to tighten everything up real well. You could actually get away with Mounting this system without making any extra brackets etc....But I wanted to make sure this new exhuast system wasn't going anywhere once she was on.
NEXT will be Sound Clips for this system - I will add these later. I am going to put my NEW Jets in Soon. - Stay posted. Also waiting on my NEW 16T Front Sprocket to arrive.
While I was doing the Exhaust I also cut the tail OFF the back of the Bike and Constructed up a Inspection Plate for our wonderfull state of Pennsylvania - They usually stick them to your front fork - BUT as you can see there was no real place to put it - So I made the Plate -

Hope this Helps anyone considering this mod - Useful Information! Please feel free to ask any questions on this pipe and I will be happy to answer!
Andrew - Jamestown, PA 16134

Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

That looks hot! What bike model is that exhaust originally setup for?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #3

Pro Circuit Exhuast T4

It was for A 2009 Suzuki DR-Z 125 Also fit Kawasaki KLx125's - The box states 2 stroke and 4 strokes 125-300cc

Old 02-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #4

JTC,
Nice job and the pipe looks great.

My Yoshi can was too loud for my taste so I went back to the stock muffler. Maybe yours will be quieter.

That stock system is a lot heavier.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #5

Re: Pro Circuit Exhuast T4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
It was for A 2009 Suzuki DR-Z 125 Also fit Kawasaki KLx125's - The box states 2 stroke and 4 strokes 125-300cc
Thanks!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #6

Qlink Exhuast

Thanks and Yes the original Can must weight like 12+ pounds or more!

As FASTDoc pointed out - I can actually get quiter tips for this exhuast if I find it to be to loud.

Vince - Was it hard to change your cARB jETS? Looks and sounds pretty easy. I am going to start with a 125 main and 35 slow jet. - Someone just told me you don't even have to completely remove the carb, just take the throttle cable off unbolt it fron and back and turn it so u can unscrew the bowl? Does this sound Correct? I as mentioned will be doing this and the sprocket change shortly.......

Andrew :mrgreen:

Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #7

Darn good work and thanks for taking the time to take pics and share them with us along the way. That new system is TINY compared to stock. It looks loud (LOL).

Old 02-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #8

Thank you for documenting your work on this complete exhaust installation, Andrew. You did an excellent job. Your new exhaust looks great, and your entire bike looks great!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #9

Pro Circuit T4 Exhaust Upgrade for my 2009 Qlink XF200

Thanks and your welcome. I hope it may help someone who maybe doing the same MOD or considering it.

I Will SELL My STOCK System complete with header Pipe for 99 +Shipping
If anyone is Intrested Let me Know asap.

Andrew

Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #10

Re: Qlink Exhuast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
Thanks and Yes the original Can must weight like 12+ pounds or more!

As FASTDoc pointed out - I can actually get quiter tips for this exhuast if I find it to be to loud.

Vince - Was it hard to change your cARB jETS? Looks and sounds pretty easy. I am going to start with a 125 main and 35 slow jet. - Someone just told me you don't even have to completely remove the carb, just take the throttle cable off unbolt it fron and back and turn it so u can unscrew the bowl? Does this sound Correct? I as mentioned will be doing this and the sprocket change shortly.......

Andrew :mrgreen:
I removed the throttle cables from the carb and loosened the the clamp on the intake manifold and loosened the clamp on the air box and rotated the bottom of carb toward the left (port) side of the bike to get to the float bowl screws and jets. Some people with small hands and proper tools can replace the jets without rotating the carb. I would have replaced the phillips screws with allen head screws like I did on my XT225 but couldn't find the bag of allen screws that I got from Bierdo.
http://www.formtechservices.com/dirt...com/Rejet.html

Old 02-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #11

Pro Circuit Sound Clip

For those wondering - I found this on YouTube - The "Q" Should sound very similar to this - I will post my own clip once I get the other mods completed . i.e. Front Sprocket - (Arrived this Morning) and Put the NEW Jets in the Carb. Any Whos - Heres the Clip - Enjoy!

Andrew

Old 02-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #12

I removed the throttle cables from the carb and loosened the the clamp on the intake manifold and loosened the clamp on the air box and rotated the bottom of carb toward the left (port) side of the bike to get to the float bowl screws and jets.

That's a good time saving tip!

For those wondering - I found this on YouTube - The "Q" Should sound very similar to this - I will post my own clip once I get the other mods completed . i.e. Front Sprocket - (Arrived this Morning) and Put the NEW Jets in the Carb. Any Whos - Heres the Clip - Enjoy!

We're looking forward to hearing it! Your weather should be good enough to ride, based on what I caught on the TV news this morning.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #13

FastDoc Reply

Here is my LIVE WEBCAM Link here at the store - We still got 5-6 inches but it is melting fast - due to come back this weekend. I hate the great lakes region - LMAO

Live Webcam - Jamestown Computer Inc.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Jamestown-Computer-Inc

Andrew

Old 02-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #14

Carb Mods

Not to change the subject of my thread - But FASTDOC did you do the needle mod? Move it to fourth position? From what I read it really makes a difference? I have the NEW Jets ready to go - will put them in this weekend but if the needle move makes that much of a difference that would be a good time to do that as well right?

Andrew

Old 02-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #15

Both my Q's were stock when I sold them.

After reading Barnone's careful and scientific dyno report at various stages of thoughtful modification I decided to leave Q stock. It did not seem that there was any significant gains to be had, and I didn't want the extra noise.

After his modifications, Barnone went back to stock configuration.