Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

2009 qlink xf200 carb question

Anyone here move move thier needle valve to the 4th position? I did mine today, becuase it was recommeneded by so many others. The screws on the top all stripped out. After fighting with getting them all out, i got down to pulling the top off and sleeve out, moved the clip to the 4th position as recommend. Now heres the kicker question - The plate in the bottom of the sleeve can actually go in one of two ways. One covering the 3rd hole in the bottom of the sleeve or 2 Not covering the hole. I Choose to NOT Cover that hole based upon the pictures in the protguees manual. Got it all back togather and going to wait and see what anyone has to say about this before dumping gas in her. I belive I did this correctly but want to hear from anyone who has done this? Barnone? Doc? anyone.

PS I replaced all the screws with Allen Head screws

m5-.80x12 is the size for the top screws - got them at Tractor Supply.
They work perfect!

Thanks All!

Andrew 8O

Old 03-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

Good move on the Allens. I was going to recommend that until I got to the end of your post. Funny how it was the Japanese Mikuni screws that stripped out! It's not just the Chinese! LOL!

I think this was a good idea, but I never touch my Q. I just rode it and 4,500 miles later sold it in stock condition, like new, without even a scratch! 8)

As far as the sleeve plate goes, I don't know but I would put ti back in the same configuration it was orginally. The Portugeese maunual was a smart resourse on your part.

Andrew, It's going to be July 4th until you would have ridden this bike as many hours as you have tinkered with it! :P

Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #3

Yeah I know - The weather just started really looking good today. Tomorrow is even better looking but have to many appt's and wed. is scheduled as a rain day. Thursday fri and sat all look great so far! Cross your fingers I'm getting closer! LOL Thanks for responding anyways!

Andrew

Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #4

I want to see lots of photographs of your XF200 in its natural habitat, Andrew! However, please be careful out there; those Pennsylvania drivers are dangerous! I know this from personal experience; I was born, and raised in the Keystone State. :P

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #5

Yep will do - I have an Extra little digital Camera Stode away in the bag I mounted on the back! Ready to rock. All I need is some time to get out and play. Being a small business owner makes it tough sometimes, but since 'm the Boss I can make my own schedule. LOL

My Business: http://www.jamestowncomputer.com

I have a couple appointments tomorrow (Tuesday) but I may just get it fired up if it ain't raining. Thursday is looking way more promising. I am planning a ride around the lake. A day out of the shop! Yeahhhhhhh!

I will post a NEW Thread with all the details. Everyone was wanting to hear that Pro Cicuit Pipe, as well. Loud and Proud! LMAO!

I've lived in PA most of my life other then the ten years I spent in The US Army. Lived in VA, GA, and Hawaii.

What makes US Pa Drivers crazy? Becuase most of us Drive 4X4's and ain't afraid of Mud and Snow? LOL.......This part of the world we're also know as REDNECKS......lol

Where abouts did you live in PA? Jamestown, PA is 1.5 hours directly north of Pittsburgh and an hour south of Erie, PA. I am right on Pymatuning Lake. My house is almost on the lakeside. I Love it here, but hate the weather latley! Not agreeing with me and my NEW Bike!

Watch for the updates!

Andrew

Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
...Where abouts did you live in PA? Jamestown, PA is 1.5 hours directly north of Pittsburgh and an hour south of Erie, PA. I am right on Pymatuning Lake. My house is almost on the lakeside. I Love it here, but hate the weather latley! Not agreeing with me and my NEW Bike!

Watch for the updates!

Andrew
I was born in DuBois, just 18 miles from Punxsutawney, the self-proclaimed, "Weather Capitol of the World."

I was just kidding about the Pennsylvania drivers, Andrew. Your drivers aren't more dangerous than others; however, since your area is more densely populated than mine, you have more drivers to contend with! Please be careful. We eagerly await your photographs, and sound clips.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #7

Cool spud! - Jamestown population maybe 3k People maybe....and thats spred out over and around the states LARGEST State Park. We got lots of lake roads, logging roads, dirt roads semi paved gravel roads, tunnels, bridges and some pretty cool scenery. Not much traffic here, which makes for some very cool casual cruising around.

ps - I was born and raised in Oil City, PA 20-30 MILES FROM Clarion.

Andrew

Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Cool spud! - Jamestown population maybe 3k People maybe....and thats spred out over and around the states LARGEST State Park. We got lots of lake roads, logging roads, dirt roads semi paved gravel roads, tunnels, bridges and some pretty cool scenery. Not much traffic here, which makes for some very cool casual cruising around.

ps - I was born and raised in Oil City, PA 20-30 MILES FROM Clarion.

Andrew
I'm well familiar with Northwest Pennsylvania, Andrew. Oil City is a nice little town. It sounds as if you have a great place to ride! We eagerly expect lots of photographs.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #9

Jamestown Computer Inc 1ST Annual DS Ride around the lakes

I am preplanning the following Jamestown Computer 1ST Annual Ride around the Lakes DS Motorcycle Ride. If anyone is in this area and wishes more details please e-mail me directly at sales@jamestowncomputer.com be sure and put Motorcycle Ride in the Subject. We hope to find more people in the area that want to join us:

Andrew - Jamestown, PA 16134

Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #10

I'm excited for you! I hope you have good weather and really enjoy your Q. We are all looking forward to the ride Report photographs!

Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #11

That is a stellar question!....especially I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on the Q XP here soon, finally.
I know all of us Hondanoid riders do the usual fixes, including moving the needle, do you still need to do that on the Q?
Made a HUGE difference on my Hondanoid!....along with the other list of fixes.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #12

Everyone I have read that has done the moving of the needle to the fourth postion has seen an increase in performance. Better throttle response. Some have made the statement that by doing this has also helped with cold starts. Becuase I will not be able to advise of any difference. 1 - becuase My bike is still new - never had gas in it yet - All I can do is reply later this week on how she runs. I changed the need to the 4th position, swapped the main jet with a 125 - OEM is 122.5 I Also added a complete Pro Circuit T4 Exhuast system. Maybe to loud for those of you who are too, old and can't handle the noise anymore - JK I Myseld prefer load and proud. Other will hear me coming and going. I have no problems with that. Other before me have seen performance increase with this exhuast, and yet other who have simply swapped exhuast cans, have had little to no performance increases based on thier dyno runs. So with all thats said, take it upon yourself do your research and ride on, and ride saFE! I will be reporting on my NEW Q Hopefully this week. I have also added the 16t Front sprocket swap - everyone has seen a better repsonding bike with the 16t at higher speeds. Good luck, and report back to us on your "q" we look forward to hearing from other "Q" Owners.

Andrew - Jamestown, PA

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Everyone I have read that has done the moving of the needle to the fourth postion has seen an increase in performance. Better throttle response. Some have made the statement that by doing this has also helped with cold starts. Becuase I will not be able to advise of any difference. 1 - becuase My bike is still new - never had gas in it yet - All I can do is reply later this week on how she runs. I changed the need to the 4th position, swapped the main jet with a 125 - OEM is 122.5 I Also added a complete Pro Circuit T4 Exhuast system. Maybe to loud for those of you who are too, old and can't handle the noise anymore - JK I Myseld prefer load and proud. Other will hear me coming and going. I have no problems with that. Other before me have seen performance increase with this exhuast, and yet other who have simply swapped exhuast cans, have had little to no performance increases based on thier dyno runs. So with all thats said, take it upon yourself do your research and ride on, and ride saFE! I will be reporting on my NEW Q Hopefully this week. I have also added the 16t Front sprocket swap - everyone has seen a better repsonding bike with the 16t at higher speeds. Good luck, and report back to us on your "q" we look forward to hearing from other "Q" Owners.

Andrew - Jamestown, PA
Thanks for the input, Andrew! I like the idea of the jump in the counter shaft sprocket tooth to 16 also. Help immensely with my Lifanoid.....but it also came with the "Mountain Goat" gearing, front and rear. We do mostly scenic trail riding between me and Mrs 2LZ so the stock stuff may suffice. I will see.
Let me know what you think on the needle setting. I have a feeling I may be losing sleep over the Q tonight. My birthday is drawing dangerously close and the possible purchase is weighing heavy now. 8)

BTW....did I see a customer comment posted on a Q site, in my surfing today, that raved about the Q from an Andrew in Jamestown? Kinda perked up my ears when I read it! 8)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350