Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #1

help please

ok, i hadnt started my bike for a couple of days. went to use it yesterday and it wont start. it catches and then just dies immediately, as soon as i twist the throttle it dies. this is probably something very simple. :oops: thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #2

It sound like there could be crud in the carb. try draining it? open the screw on the bottom of the float bowl. befor you do that turn the fuel off and unhook that line from the carb. then get a clean jar, and drain some fuel into it from the tank to see what it looks like. then do the same with the carb drain. then hook the fuel back to the carb and see if your getting fuel to the carb by opening the drain on the bottom of the carb agian. if it looks clean and it is getting fuel. then you'll have to check for spark. do you know how to do this?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Check to be sure the carb is filling with fuel like mentioned. You have spark, it seems, but check the plug to see if it is clear of carbon.

But it sure sounds a lot like a clogged jet in the carb to me without actually looking at it.

You will have to remove the carb and remove the float bowl to get to them. Screw them out and look through them, if you can't see through them, you will need to use some carb cleaner to soak them and use air to blow it out, then re-install everything. This will happen if they sit for an extended period of time.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #4

thanks for the advise, is this a relatively simple procedure a novice mechanic can do? if so can somebody direct me to some fotos and stuff online to help me do this. many thanks all.