Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #46

I still find it funny that he takes a completely stock RX3... and tries to do a "Timed Run" up against his (almost) fully modded bikes... hell even his KLR 650 is heavily modded to ride extreme off road trails... and his modded 440+ pound KLR is only 2 minutes faster than a stock RX3 with road biased tires...

If he put on better tires and upgrades the suspension (like he has already done to all his other bikes riding the same trail)... and I bet he can easily drop 2 if not 4 or more minutes off his RX3 time

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I still find it funny that he takes a completely stock RX3... and tries to do a "Timed Run" up against his (almost) fully modded bikes... hell even his KLR 650 is heavily modded to ride extreme off road trails... and his modded 440+ pound KLR is only 2 minutes faster than a stock RX3 with road biased tires...

If he put on better tires and upgrades the suspension (like he has already done to all his other bikes riding the same trail)... and I bet he can easily drop 2 if not 4 or more minutes off his RX3 time
Absolutely. I don't know if he's released his test and upgrade plan (if he even has one), but if he intends to upgrade and run that trail again, I'll be very interested in any time/comfort/fun difference he sees compared to the baseline run.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #48

No updates from Everide on his RX3 project. I see he has been busy out riding, but on his other modded bikes. I for one am somewhat anxious for the next installment to be posted. I haven't read any of the comments on his last few videos, has he mentioned anything about it?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 AM   #49

Check out Youtuber jeffthedcguy's response to Everide's review... but first....

Hello gents. New to the forum. Am i the only RX3 owner in NYC? I FINALLY ordered my bike today but it almost didn't happen. I started looking at the bike, reading reviews, watching videos in October and was ready to pull the trigger in November... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. Even though, overwhelmingly, other reviews are positive that's all it took for me to start looking for a used F800GS again. In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of January I flew down to Colombia to visit family and friends and decided to look around for one to rent/buy to use when there. I visited AKT factory and dealerships, the company which assembles the Colombian version of the RX3, their "TT250 Adventour". I looked at some used bikes, tried to rent. To my surprise, the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bike in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMore2 View Post
Check out Youtuber jeffthedcguy's response to Everide's review... but first....

Hello gents. New to the forum. Am i the only RX3 owner in NYC? .... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. .....In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of January I flew down to Colombia ......... To my surprise, the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bike in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.
First, Madsocial is in NY and has a RX3 so you are not all alone. No, she is not in the City. To your larger point, that one crappy review certainly got a lot of attention (including lots of hate mail). People tend to forget that the review is just one person's opinion and that many Youtube reviews are really just an income stream for the author. The more drama one can generate, the more clicks and thus income. In this case you saw a second opinion on the very same machine, with totally different conclusions. I'm happy you included your experience in Columbia. That shows how popular the bike is in a market where the bike is much more than a toy. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #51

Like the amazons reviews. They can be 180 degrees different somewhere in between is the truth. Interesting how many truths there are.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #52

Black bike said it...I like sushi, say you don't. Neither of us is right or wrong. It didnt work for his needs, it does for the new owner. The new owner (whose review was really well done) had different needs and expectations. The bike fit them, so he's happy.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #53

I'm even closer in CT - only 60 miles from NYC. If you are ever interested in coming up to the burbs to go riding, give me a shout. Really loving my Rex and planning on taking him on many multi-day adventures this year. Glad you decided on one - I think you'll enjoy yours immensely.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 01-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #54

Dualsport Chic
I'll def take you up on the invitation as soon as it warms up a bit. I was just, the other day, planning my route thru western Ct to Vermont. 8,000 miles of unpaved roads and 114 covered bridges. It's like another world compared to here.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:58 AM   #55

New England is the regular stomping ground for me and the group I lead - Northeast Dualsport Riders (NDR) - we are a small-mid displacement D/S group and New England, New York, PA, NJ is our territory for membership. Check us out if you are interested as we have many NYC members in the fold already and a few RX-3 owners in the fold as well: https://www.meetup.com/Northeast-Dualsport-Riders/
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Last edited by Dualsport Chic; 01-29-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #56

Jmo

Impressive Web site and group. I would gladly pay the fee for that if I were near.

What does mid displacement mean? Is it restricted to 400 and up ?

There is a group in Texas that seems to imply the same so I haven't pursued it (not sure if they would be to interested in having a China bike among them)

Not so sure about this (implied requirement) , I think the definition of adv should be more off road and less blacktop speed. Not much adventure if you encounter it past 65mph
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Impressive Web site and group. I would gladly pay the fee for that if I were near.

What does mid displacement mean? Is it restricted to 400 and up ?

There is a group in Texas that seems to imply the same so I haven't pursued it (not sure if they would be to interested in having a China bike among them)

Not so sure about this (implied requirement) , I think the definition of adv should be more off road and less blacktop speed. Not much adventure if you encounter it past 65mph
On their About page (click the Pages tab at top) they specify <=650cc, and small to mid-displacement bikes. There is also a restriction to two stroke participation, not sure why that might be.

Anyway BlackBike, if you don't check in to that Texas group you won't learn the answer about Chinese bikes. If they don't want them, do you really want to be among them?

Old 01-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMore2 View Post
Dualsport Chic
I'll def take you up on the invitation as soon as it warms up a bit. I was just, the other day, planning my route thru western Ct to Vermont. 8,000 miles of unpaved roads and 114 covered bridges. It's like another world compared to here.
Almost any place on Earth is another world compared to NYC.
By the way, are you aware that you already own a bike made with Zongshen parts?

Old 01-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Almost any place on Earth is another world compared to NYC.
By the way, are you aware that you already own a bike made with Zongshen parts?
So true. If only I had the fortitude to quit my job and leave NY to travel the world.... Washing dishes along the way to pay for gas. Sigh
I suspected it after reading Harley-Davidson was in some sort if partnership with Zongshen. The article made it seem the rearon for the deal was ti selll more Harleys in China but whait it didnt say, and I suspect ,is Zongshen gets to sell Harley some parts/engines.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #60

We are a SMALL-MID displacement group - vs. a behemoth ADV class group. This is our fifth year in operation. We hosted 84 events last year for all tastes of D/S riding. From what I can tell, we are the most active D/S meetup group east of the Mississippi. We allow two-strokes as well as long as they are factory approved emissions/exhaust/db limits. No aftermarket, loud, lacking spark arrestor stuff - it only draws negative attention which we don't want for the group. Goal this year is to hit 200 members - we'll see if we can get there - 35 to go!
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius