Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2023, 11:56 PM   #1306

Here is a photo of my modified neck harness wiring.

I have other mods to share at some point (how about a CAT delete "kit"?) but I travel alot for work and it is hard to find the time. I really do appreciate all of the folks that have managed to add tips/tricks/mods regularly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MODIFIED START INTERLOCK CONNECTIONS.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	29083  

2022 Pioneer SHNG - SSR XF250. Sigma Jet Kit, Muffler & Air inject delete.

Old 04-27-2023, 10:53 AM   #1307

I got the Preload adjuster (for 3/8" drive).

I am off on a trip until Monday, so can't actually try it right now.

Name:	3-8thsPreloadAdjuster.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	29091

The 3/8 square hole is close to the edge of the metal and the ratchet will hit the shock body if you don't use an extension. No room above the collar...

BUT, maybe I can use a long extension from below. I think this will work. The next question is whether the curve works on this shock. I think it will allow maybe 1/4 turn or less per move. I will use my breaker bar if possible.

Last edited by Thumper; 05-16-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Old 04-27-2023, 12:58 PM   #1308

https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0483

This is all I used

No marring metal and brass tip. I didn’t even need a hammer as the shock came without a lot of preload in it. I could just use this as a lever by hand against the frame and take all the slack out. Now that it’s tightened, any more and I would have to revert to tapping the end of the tool.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 04-27-2023, 06:54 PM   #1309

What is the consensus on this bike for moderate offroad? There are OHV trails near me here and want to get some offraod riding in. I have an RX4 but wouldn't take it on anything rougher than a fire road over a pass or gravel road. I talked to Joe Henner about the RXB 250L efi, the Kayo K4 and the GPX FSE250E and had almost decided to bite the $bullet$ and go with the GPX but I just cannot dump that much right now.

I see that Thumper said that one would appreciate the M if it was being jumped, why is that? I honestly would rather have the 6 speed gearbox. I rode and raced motocross for a lot of years so what even I get will be in the air from time to time. Now I won't be "sending it" over 70-90' doubled like I did before I hit my 50's but at 6' 3" and 235# even a 20-30' jump will be more than the likes of the CSC TT250 would take with the suspension.

Am I expecting too much from a low budget china bike? Any way, the price and ascetics have my interest piqued.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:12 PM   #1310

I don't think any of these bikes are going to take more than a few jumps before something breaks or falls off.. with that being said, for everything else, the Temp X is a blast.. handles everything i can throw at it, gravel, dirt trails, ohv jeep trails.. recently did Big Levels Jeep Trail that i posted about previously and it handled it in spades and the whole thing is loaded with rocks of every size, puddles, ruts, you name it

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 04-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #1311

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
What is the consensus on this bike for moderate offroad? There are OHV trails near me here and want to get some offraod riding in. I have an RX4 but wouldn't take it on anything rougher than a fire road over a pass or gravel road. I talked to Joe Henner about the RXB 250L efi, the Kayo K4 and the GPX FSE250E and had almost decided to bite the $bullet$ and go with the GPX but I just cannot dump that much right now.

I see that Thumper said that one would appreciate the M if it was being jumped, why is that? I honestly would rather have the 6 speed gearbox. I rode and raced motocross for a lot of years so what even I get will be in the air from time to time. Now I won't be "sending it" over 70-90' doubled like I did before I hit my 50's but at 6' 3" and 235# even a 20-30' jump will be more than the likes of the CSC TT250 would take with the suspension.

Am I expecting too much from a low budget china bike? Any way, the price and ascetics have my interest piqued.
Not sure where I said "one would appreciate the M if it was being jumped". Maybe paraphrased. I jump on the Temp X all the time, but I am 185lbs, and my "jumps" are up to 5 feet. This is a 5 speed Temp X, and it was the first Temp X model offered early Summer last year. But I am 64 years old too!
I think I am doing pretty well to jump at all!

It feels great on the landings. No problems whatsoever. Let's get some video of you big jumpers doing a 10' jump. I'd be impressed

If I could, and wanted to jump 20" in the air, I'd want more power and better welds, I am sure!

Old 04-29-2023, 05:23 PM   #1312

Have a question on the carb jetting. I’m at 25 ft ASL and the bike is way too lean, ordered a jet kit and the pilot jet fits but the main jets were way too small. My main jets look like the pilot jets, not the small ones. Anyone else run into this when rejetting?

Old 04-29-2023, 05:31 PM   #1313

Nevermind, I am in idiot, lol. Just realized the main jets were 2 piece and the small part unscrews.

Old 04-29-2023, 06:20 PM   #1314

So, I got the valve adjusted "properly". I used a .002 gauge and made it snug. I still have a slight ticking noise... It is at least to my ears... Am I just being paranoid?

Is it just that the exhaust is quieter than I am used to?

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:32 AM   #1315

I had posted a question about rear sprocket for my 2022 Templar M 5 speed. Measured it up and JT sent me specs for a JTR897 sprocket. Ordered and verified JTR897.45 fits on my Templar M hub and installed.

Old 05-02-2023, 03:25 PM   #1316

Thank you for the sprocket information for the Templar M.

The original chain on my 5 speed is really stretched and noisy soon after lube, so...

I just installed a new JTR210-50T on the 5 speed Templar X and a new RK Takasago standard Heavy Duty 520H chain. I found the 116 link version for barely over $30 delivered. I get chains dirty all the time and o-ring chains don't last much longer so I spend another $30 at the end of the season, or maybe even get some use out of it next year!

I already installed the 14T front sprocket a few hundred miles ago (JTR270.14), so I am running 14/50 (0.28). It is just slightly taller gearing than the original 13/49 (0.265).

I removed one link (functionally two links) and it is a bit too long. I am going to stretch it a little and then pull one more link to get the rear axel a bit farther forward. It is so nice to have a new chain and two good sprockets in there. So smooth!

Name:	JTR210-50plusChain.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	29123

BY THE WAY, Zooker... if the valves are properly adjusted, don't worry about the tick unless it gets loud.

Old 05-02-2023, 05:26 PM   #1317

Thanks Thumper. I just listened to your cdi video and mine sounds the same.

Now.... gotta get the carb dialed in.

2022 Hawk 250 - Mikuni clone carb, jetted appropriately. Pro Tork CRF 150 pipe. Nibbi pod filter. Tusk Chub bars with riser adapters. Amazon levers and foot pegs. Typical gearing change for street... Acerbis hand guards. Nibbi grips. Shortened rear fender. No graphics

2022 Templar X - Stock carb rejetted appropriately, Nibbi grips, Amazon hand guards. Amazon seat cover. Acerbis skid plate, heavily modded. Shortened rear "fender". Custom graphic kit.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:18 PM   #1318

Rear disk guard

Has anyone added a rear disk guard to their X? Does anyone have an idea what swingers it mostly resembles?

Old 05-04-2023, 07:02 PM   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplerX79 View Post
Nevermind, I am in idiot, lol. Just realized the main jets were 2 piece and the small part unscrews.
I went through the same process and posted the same question on the Facebook page. I felt pretty dumb after figuring it out!

Old 05-12-2023, 12:08 AM   #1320

Went for a night ride over to my daughter's to help with a project. Just after sundown when I left. I was wondering if my headlight worked. Then I wondered if it was aimed at the trees. Nope. Anyway after all was done it was full dark for the return trip. Jeezus. Glad my night vision is decent. I have little pocket flashlights brighter than low beam. I think my turns signals are brighter. On actual dark country roads I had to ride with one hand so I could cover the speedometer with the other as the glare from it was overpowering what little light I had on the road.
High beam, ehh. Was aimed too high to help. Not big on using high beam in any case. I lowered the aim after I got back but didn't go back out to test it. Doesn't matter, low beam is too dim no matter where it's aimed.

I remember someone saying they had found a decent replacement bulb but couldn't find exactly which. Someone else recall right off?

Also I seem to having some engine surging at steady throttle cruise. Cutting back actually, like tapping the brake. I guess that means I am NOT done tweaking the carb.