Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #3811

That's nice work, RJ.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Hey Dan, you're right in my neck of the woods and you're doing exactly the trails I bought the RX3 for. Mine arrives on Tuesday. We'll have to hook up and do some rides.
Absolutely. Give me a shout when you're ready for a ride:

inbox @ coloradopeaks . net

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #3813

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
To hot to ride much and my molding machine is making parts for a customer ,so it's a boring day at work. I decided to finally make some pivoting folding footpegs for the RX3 like I did for my NC700x. 1" square aluminum and some $9.00 mountain bike peddles for materials all I needed. I like them in the rough stuff as it gives the boots a larger support area and the pivoting saves wear and tare on the ankles. Absolutely nothing wrong with the stock foot pegs, some of the best I've had on a motorcycle. I just like the pivoting feature, rj
RJ,

That's a great idea. If you find yourself bored again in the future, I'd buy a set of those machined aluminum pivots from you.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:45 AM   #3814

Dan K. Be glad to make some more econo bob mounts as time permits. Then you can buy what ever pedals you want from local bike shop or Ebay pretty cheap. They need to be 9/16" thread LH and RH which is standard mountain bike threads. Not the smaller 1/2" threads. Cost would be around $45/pr shipped compared to $161 Pivot Pegs which are really nice.

for what it's worth , these pegs pivot up , but I didn't make them spring loaded as I've found with the kind of riding I have done it's not necessary????
Not sure if I should post this here or if there is a place to sell stuff on these forums?
rj

Old 07-07-2015, 01:22 AM   #3815

The more I think about that, the more I like it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-07-2015, 01:24 AM   #3816

RJ, the free classifieds are here: http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=129

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-07-2015, 01:39 AM   #3817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
RJ, the free classifieds are here: http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=129
Now that we know you are willing to make pivot pegs for others, we can steer interested riders over to your thread in the free classifieds.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-07-2015, 02:12 AM   #3818

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...311#post188311

How many would be interested in some of these pivoting foot peg mounts for their RX3's ? Please go to the above free classified thread for more info and let me know. I'll decide on a game plan for how many to make. thanks ,rj

Last edited by rjmorel; 07-07-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #3819

Thanks for your willingness to offer your time, and talent, to produce this product for other RX3 owners.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #3820

Eco Mouse sent me a nice key chain for my RX3, in the appropriate color.

If you like the key chain, and are interesting in buying one, you can find them for sale at the following link.

http://cyclonerx3.com/RX3/MERCH_3.html

Thanks for sending me the free key chain, Eco Mouse.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 07-08-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #3821

I cut a hole in the back of the RX3 headlight assembly so it is large enough for me to change the light bulb without having to remove the rear cover. I also placed a small hole at the bottom of the headlight assembly to allow for water to escape.

I switched from the stock, HS1 headlight bulb to a much brigher, H4 headlight bulb. The increase in lighting is excellent. The hole in the headlight assembly also allows heat to escape the headlight easily, helping to prevent any possible damage to the reflector from using a light bulb with higher power.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #3822

That key fob is really cool! It looks high end to me.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #3823

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Dan K. Be glad to make some more econo bob mounts as time permits. Then you can buy what ever pedals you want from local bike shop or Ebay pretty cheap. They need to be 9/16" thread LH and RH which is standard mountain bike threads. Not the smaller 1/2" threads. Cost would be around $45/pr shipped compared to $161 Pivot Pegs which are really nice.

for what it's worth , these pegs pivot up , but I didn't make them spring loaded as I've found with the kind of riding I have done it's not necessary????
Not sure if I should post this here or if there is a place to sell stuff on these forums?
rj
Sounds like a good deal. I'll reply over on your classifieds thread.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #3824

My red RX3 arrived this morning! It looks awesome in red with the 19" wheel and shinko 804/805s. Pics when I get home if it's not raining too hard.

Everything I ordered was either installed on the bike or secured in the crate and all I have to install is the windshield and mirrors. Then I'm going to go over the bike with a fine-toothed comb.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the ignition key supposed to match the luggage? I got two sets of keys, one for the ignition & seat release and the other that fits the side and top boxes.

2. The tires need to be inflated. Is there a way to keep wrinkles out of the tubes when I fill it up? On my mtn bike, I dust new tubes with talc or clean dirt. I think I'll fully inflate, partially deflate and then fully inflate again.

3. Does anyone else hear the chain rub when moving the bike around? It's quiet for about half the travel but there's a scraping noise for the other half. Pretty sure it's on the chain side, but I'll check again in case it's the brake. The chain guard above the chain doesn't touch, but the chain does rest on a plastic guide on the swingarm. So maybe a little noise is normal.

Maybe related, I noticed the rear wheel isn't set to the same alignment marks on each side (though I know that may be normal too), so I'll have to check that.

Overall the bike looks awesome. I can't wait to ride it!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #3825

Hey Spud...

Glad you like the key chain. I really am pleased in the way they turned out. Took a long time to draw that up, and then re-draw it in a way that the manufacturer needed in order to make the molds.

To anyone interested in getting one or a couple for your RX3, you can pre-pay for them here: http://cyclonerx3.com/RX3/MERCH_3.html

I'm running this as a mini-crowd funding drive. I need at least 50 people to sign up for them before I can give the manufacturer the go ahead. I've already paid for the mold, obviously, the art charge and the ridiculous air freight to get 8 samples in my hands.

Now I have to pay for the production run, which unfortunately has rather high minimums. After 50 people commit to these, I'm willing to meet the other half and freight charges.

If you are wanting to see the running list of who's signed up, I keep that up to date here: http://cyclone-rx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32

As of right now we've got 9 people committed to buying these.

There isn't any risk of these not being made, I've already invested too much time and money for them not to happen. And the manufacture bugs me every few days to see if I've collected all the money yet!

Anyway, I appreciate the support. These literally help fund the next cool projects that come out of my shop exclusively for the Cyclone. (Like the prototype center stand is days away from being fit up)