Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #1

Headlight foam shim

I installed a 55/60 watt headlight bulb but needed a little more height.
I noticed that the whole headlight Assy. Moves up and down even with everything tight.
So....there is about a 1/2" gap between the bottom of the Assembly and the beak fender.
I got one of those pool noodles with the hole through the center and cut it in half and it wedged perfectly in the gap which lifted my headlight slightly and prevents it from moving now.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #2

Actually I've considered doing the exact samething. There is a clear wear mark under my headlight where it bounces up an down and hits the fender. The pool noodle is a briliant solution!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:00 AM   #3

I did the same thing but I used the long foam tubes of pipe insulation that has a split down the middle. This pipe insulation is also great for putting on any framing members you want padded/protected/softened and even across the handlebar crossbar as padding. It even makes a good wire loom harness if you have a big wire bundle. It comes in all different diameters and apparently comes in different colors however I have only seen the black and grey at any of my local retailers. There are different types as well. There is a soft spongy variety and there is a stiffer foam variety. Also you can get it with preinstalled double stick tape down the split to completely seal the seam.

https://www.google.com/search?q=foam...VaXzyF1_wqs%3D

/

Old 08-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

What a good idea!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol