Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #3046

Anyone know what kind of bulb is stock?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldqwerty View Post
I spoke to Steve earlier. He said it was an H4. I went out and bought a PIAA H4 that I will attempt to install this afternoon.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #3048

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
I would look for exhaust leak.
Here are reasons why.

Immediate wind with heat. Radiators take a while to heat up. Instant heat leads to exhaust.
Right side has three possible locations that would have an easy leak.
1) header to muffler joint. There is a fiber material clamping and sealing the two steel pieces. Easy to damage (or be missing)
2) O2 sensor. Loose, missing, cracked weld
3) Header to head. Loose clamp or damaged or missing gasket. Outlet is faced to right side and wind speed would blow to right side.

Having ridden in 40-70F temps so far 1 and 2 up there is no noticeable heat on right leg for either of us. Wearing jeans or work pants.

Good luck in finding the source of heat.
Someone can help find this thing? I have not know much about motors and motorcycles.
Problem: right radiator is venting more and heater than the left.

This is my video

Old 04-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #3049

Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miqueas View Post
Someone can help find this thing? I have not know much about motors and motorcycles.

This is my video
I have to ask this; are you wearing pants or shorts when you ride? (No one laugh please) , if you're wearing shorts, you'd notice the heat from that side more than you would if you're wearing pants. Like someones said earlier; if it's an immediate problem after starting, I'd suspect an exhaust leak. If it's after the motor's warm, then perhaps radiator fan. Those should be the only two sources of heat unless you've got an internal motor problem which would manifest itself by metalic noises and discoloration of the engine case or cyl.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #3050

Initial dyno test.
Inertial type at rear wheel.
16.60hp @ 8230 rpm
12.47ft/lb torque @ 5950 rpm

I will try and get some graphs loaded.
2001 H-D V-Rod
1999 Ducati 750SS
1997 Yamaha Riva
1995 KTM 250
1970 Honda CB350
1952 Ariel Square four

Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #3051

Just looking at that video my first thought is the direction of the fan is going to throw heat either left or right.

/

Old 04-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #3052

horsepower

wow! those hp. numbers are alot less than advertised,,i think,if my memory of the specs. is correct!?? i could be wrong tho

Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #3053

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I spoke to Steve earlier. He said it was an H4. I went out and bought a PIAA H4 that I will attempt to install this afternoon.

Excellent! H4 is good. I have several H4 upgrades from previous experiences. I've yet to hear any complaints about poor headlight performance, but I can't tolerate ineffective lighting and will definitely come up with a plethora of solutions. 300 watts is a lot to play with, especially since the Cyclone is all LED, which draws almost nothing.

Is the stock 35/35 an HID by chance? Pictures look like a projector lamp. Either would be a blessing. Both would be AWESOME.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
Initial dyno test.
Inertial type at rear wheel.
16.60hp @ 8230 rpm
12.47ft/lb torque @ 5950 rpm

I will try and get some graphs loaded.
To me, that's a good number at the wheel. I bet the factory specs are at the crank.

To put that in perspective, CG200 motors are rated for around 17hp at the crank; much lower at the wheel.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #3055

Quote:

Excellent! H4 is good. I have several H4 upgrades from previous experiences. I've yet to hear any complaints about poor headlight performance, but I can't tolerate ineffective lighting and will definitely come up with a plethora of solutions. 300 watts is a lot to play with, especially since the Cyclone is all LED, which draws almost nothing.

Is the stock 35/35 an HID by chance? Pictures look like a projector lamp. Either would be a blessing. Both would be AWESOME.
Not an HID. Just a really dim light. I bought my PIAA at Cycle Gear, where they had an LED conversion kit. I didn't hold much hope of that working. I will wait and get a ZS LED light at some point.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #3056

Quote:

This is my video
Miqueas, Very good video. The only thing I thought of is seeing your overflow bottle seems to have a lot of coolant in it. Maybe it was over filled from the factory and it's burping out the excess now? I couldn't see any marks where it's suppose to be filled to so maybe someone else can check theirs and see where it's suppose to be???? rj

Old 04-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #3057

Quote:
Not an HID. Just a really dim light. I bought my PIAA at Cycle Gear, where they had an LED conversion kit. I didn't hold much hope of that working. I will wait and get a ZS LED light at some point.
What is a ZS LED?

I'll wire up a relay and run one of the H4 60/55 bulbs I already have. That will keep it legal.

If more light is needed I have 7-inch round headlight housings that will take Hella ECE composites and H4s on a light bar. Not legal on cars, but legal on motorcycles. Maybe a bit heavy, but they give awesome light.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #3058

Quote:

This is my video
Miqueas, is the temperature normal on the dash? This is probably a long shot, but I wonder if coolant isn't flowing correctly from right to left ... air in the lines could potentially block the flow. You could try to 'burp' the coolant lines following the procedure at the end of this tutorial.

Also, do you have a warranty on your bike? Maybe the shop would look at it for you.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 04-23-2015, 01:09 AM   #3059

Quote:
What is a ZS LED?
Zongshen. I work in aviation. We abbreviate everything.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:10 AM   #3060

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps CSC specified an H4 bulb, but the stock headlight bulb in the Zongshen RX3 is an HS1 bulb. HS1 bulbs are rated at 35W/35 for a standard bulb. Since the headlight output of the RX3 is fairly poor, I assume my RX3 has the 35W/35 HS1 bulb.

The H4 and HS1 bulbs have the same connector configuration. However, one of the connectors is a different thickness. Therefore, you can substitute an H4 bulb for an HS1 bulb, but not the other way around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:KDS4444/HS1_bulb

I plan to install an H4 bulb in my RX3 headlight, since the H4 bulbs have more power, and the RX3 alternator generates enough electricity to support the brighter H4 bulb.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894