Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #5191

Here's a pdf download link for a compete list of parts available with images for the RX3.

**Though it looks very similar to the parts listings on the CSC website, It is actually for the carb version in Malaysia.**

That said, I think it is still a very useful source of information.

http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/ooXYt0vT/file.html

Direct link to the pdf

http://ktn.com.my/documents/KTNS%20R...%20CATALOG.pdf

Last edited by katflap; 05-30-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #5192

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
Here's a pdf download link for a compete list of parts available with images for the RX3.

**Though it looks very similar to the parts listings on the CSC website, It is actually for the carb version in Malaysia.**

That said, I think it is still a very useful source of information.

http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/ooXYt0vT/file.html
WARNING!!
I went to this website and clicked on the info tab because I wanted to know what a .rar file was. That put me to a flashing warning page that said something about contacting Microsoft immediately, and which would not let me close the page normally. It stunk on malware and ransomware. I shut down my computer right away.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #5193

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
WARNING!!
I went to this website and clicked on the info tab because I wanted to know what a .rar file was. That put me to a flashing warning page that said something about contacting Microsoft immediately, and which would not let me close the page normally. It stunk on malware and ransomware. I shut down my computer right away.
Thanks for the warning. The .RAR file is another file compression format that Microsoft doesn't recognize. You will need to download an external file compression/decompression app to open the file. (7zip is one that I use on my Windows machines.)

It sounds like you have some ransomeware that was installed. If you have another browser (Chrome, Firefox instead of Internet Explorer), you can open one of those browsers and I recommend downloading the free AVG antivirus application. They do a great job of staying current and it should find and eliminate that malware. Plus... AVG is free.

I switched to iMacs and OS X to avoid the many viruses and malware out there. I do have a Windows partition, but if anything were to happen, I can recover using OS X. Thankfully AVG has kept me "clean."

Old 05-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #5194

ook the RX3 out for an early morning ride to Silverado Canyon. (First RX3 to Silverado Canyon?) Unfortunately the trail head leading to Santiago Peak was closed, but I rode around some of the roads at the bottom of the canyon. I got into some deep gravel and that got a little sketchy. Thankfully the RX3 is light and balanced, so easy to keep upright.

I forgot to reset the trip display on the Garmin Nuvi, but the top speed for the day was 81.8 mph (GPS measured.) This was sitting full upright (no tuck), and flat out at near-sea level and on a flat highway. I'm running a 42 tooth rear gear which drops the RPMs below redline at top speed. The stock gearing (44T rear sprocket) took me beyond redline, but I achieved an 84.1 mph top speed. Different day, different conditions, but that not withstanding, I'd prefer to stay out of redline.

At the Maple Springs trail head in Silverado Canyon

At the entrance to Silverado Canyon Road

My Top Speed for the day

Old 05-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #5195

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
WARNING!!
Sorry you got stung redhawk,

zippyshare is normally not too bad for these problems.

I have now added a direct link to my original post and here

http://ktn.com.my/documents/KTNS%20R...%20CATALOG.pdf

this shouldn't give you any problems and you can read it or download it directly from your browser

Old 06-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #5196

Motorcycle.com just published their review of the RC3. Overall, it's favorable, but somewhat twitchy handling turned off a few of the reviewers.

Oddly, they found the shifting notchy, which has not been my experience with my RX3, even when new.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...c3-review.html

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 06-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #5197

I think the RC3 is going to be in for a struggle vs the competition for sport bikes. Discounted Ninja 250/300, CBR 250/300, Yamaha R3, even Duke 390's are all out there for 3500-5000 dollars in large quantity's. With shipping/fees your looking at 3275 for the RC3 right now. It's REALLY easy to find a CBR300 for that price very lightly used that will have little depreciation from the point that you begin using it. I think the Naked version would sell better at 2500 dollars myself. Really only the 300F to compete with then.

The RX3 has no direct competition right now. If Honda dropped a 250/300cc Africa Twin for 5000 do you think people would still pick the 725 dollar cheaper RX3 at that point ? A Yamaha 321cc Tenere would also be very hard to compete against. For now those brands don't want to bring anything like that, probably so they don't restrict sales of the higher profit larger bikes selling to those who would be fine with a 300 instead.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #5198

Lee, I believe that the Big 3 cannot get within $1K of CSC on any size bike. CSC is running such a lean operation they have a huge advantage. The challenge is going to be the fact that Zong owners are going to have to be much more hands on than those with a strong dealer network. Add in the fact that our Zongs require more frequent valve adjustments. Anyone afraid to wrench on the bike will pay more for the Japanese product.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #5199

My rx3 with the new engine also shifts notchy. BorderBorder line terrible.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #5200

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
My rx3 with the new engine also shifts notchy. BorderBorder line terrible.
My 2016 shifting, with only 160 miles mind you, is notchy as well but I'm confident if will smooth out with use and trying different oils as I go. The overall performance on the tranny is great .....especially with the 13T switch.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #5201

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
My 2016 shifting, with only 160 miles mind you, is notchy as well but I'm confident if will smooth out with use and trying different oils as I go. The overall performance on the tranny is great .....especially with the 13T switch.
I have no complaints about my 2015 and it only has 120 on it. I can even find neutral most of the time from 1st. I guess I'm just used to big gear boxes from big displacement bikes that go "WHAM!" when you put them in gear.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #5202

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
ook the RX3 out for an early morning ride to Silverado Canyon. (First RX3 to Silverado Canyon?) Unfortunately the trail head leading to Santiago Peak was closed, but I rode around some of the roads at the bottom of the canyon. I got into some deep gravel and that got a little sketchy. Thankfully the RX3 is light and balanced, so easy to keep upright.

I forgot to reset the trip display on the Garmin Nuvi, but the top speed for the day was 81.8 mph (GPS measured.) This was sitting full upright (no tuck), and flat out at near-sea level and on a flat highway. I'm running a 42 tooth rear gear which drops the RPMs below redline at top speed. The stock gearing (44T rear sprocket) took me beyond redline, but I achieved an 84.1 mph top speed. Different day, different conditions, but that not withstanding, I'd prefer to stay out of redline.

At the Maple Springs trail head in Silverado Canyon

At the entrance to Silverado Canyon Road

My Top Speed for the day
Looks like a great ride! 82 is really moving on a 250, especially with the added drag of saddlebags and being upright. My DRZ400S wouldn't run a lot faster than that. Nice bike!

Last edited by FastDoc; 06-02-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #5203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I think the RC3 is going to be in for a struggle vs the competition for sport bikes. Discounted Ninja 250/300, CBR 250/300, Yamaha R3, even Duke 390's are all out there for 3500-5000 dollars in large quantity's. With shipping/fees your looking at 3275 for the RC3 right now. It's REALLY easy to find a CBR300 for that price very lightly used that will have little depreciation from the point that you begin using it. I think the Naked version would sell better at 2500 dollars myself. Really only the 300F to compete with then.

The RX3 has no direct competition right now. If Honda dropped a 250/300cc Africa Twin for 5000 do you think people would still pick the 725 dollar cheaper RX3 at that point ? A Yamaha 321cc Tenere would also be very hard to compete against. For now those brands don't want to bring anything like that, probably so they don't restrict sales of the higher profit larger bikes selling to those who would be fine with a 300 instead.
I agree 100%.

If I did not already own my DRZ, I'd almost certainly get an RC3 as it would have met my needs well and there is basically no competition.

The RC3 has a lot of competition, and the other bikes are ALSO very inexpensive (in the big picture). I've seen less than year old KTM 390's in the high $3,000 range and it took all my restraint (not much there, mind you) to not get one.

Last edited by FastDoc; 06-02-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #5204

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Lee, I believe that the Big 3 cannot get within $1K of CSC on any size bike. CSC is running such a lean operation they have a huge advantage. The challenge is going to be the fact that Zong owners are going to have to be much more hands on than those with a strong dealer network. Add in the fact that our Zongs require more frequent valve adjustments. Anyone afraid to wrench on the bike will pay more for the Japanese product.
I don't know Cycletrader is full of 2999 dollar 2015 CBR300s right now, those aren't even used! For now CSC has the market on small ADV bikes and the TT250s I'm sure are selling well. The RX4 will probably sell very well as people have been begging for a 450adv bike forever.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #5205

on it's side

well unless a get 20 years younger i think it best that this new rider (me) keep my rx3 on dirt and class 4 roads had it on old logging track big rocks and muddy ruts stalled it allot came to 15 inc. culvert heaved out of ground long story short on it's side good news it's a cinch to pick up no damage just my pride too much fun