Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

rx3 clock

don't have manual with me, is the clock on military time all the time on the rx3 can it be changed? could wait till i get home and read the owners manual it's slow at work thought i would ask

Old 12-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #2

Hi Willy Dog - the clock is 24 hour (military time) only. Here's the link to CSC's Write-Up on setting the clock.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Banned

nope...military time only Sargeant.....so get back on the damn bike before oh four hundred or you're peeling potatoes for dinner

(sorry Spud)

Old 12-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
nope...military time only Sargeant.....so get back on the damn bike before oh four hundred or you're peeling potatoes for dinner

(sorry Spud)
There's no need to apologize, as long as you're peeling Idaho potatoes.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #5

Yep there are 24 hours in a day, clock works fine...

Old 12-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
don't have manual with me, is the clock on military time all the time on the rx3 can it be changed? could wait till i get home and read the owners manual it's slow at work thought i would ask
Yep, a 24 hour clock like much of the world and all military use.

If you can't adapt, then your choices are:
1. Learn to count to 24. More slow days at work should give you time for that.

2. Buy & mount an accessory analog clock on your RX3.

3. Plan all your rides so they are done and you are back home before 1:00 p.m.

4. Put a piece of electrical tape over the clock. This is a serious safety issue because if it's 3:14 p.m. and you are riding somewhere, you may find yourself staring at the clock and trying to calculate the actual time (30 days has September, 2 times the radius) and might run in to a truck, tree, or a male buffalo in heat. All 3 can be deadly, one leaving lots of awkward embarrassing explaining for your next of kin to do.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #7

i put my time in us army think i can tell time was that your idea of humor did not know my question was going to bother you so much have a great day keep on ripping people you are very good at it

Old 12-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
i put my time in us army think i can tell time was that your idea of humor did not know my question was going to bother you so much have a great day keep on ripping people you are very good at it
Your question about the clock is a perfectly valid one.

Humour can often be lost in the written word. This forum is on the whole a very friendly one so I'm sure no offence was intended.

I hope this doesn't put you off being a member here and contributing further to what is the best forum for the RX3.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Jay is a friendly, helpful person who likes to kid people a little. Indeed, such humor can easily be misinterpreted when written, instead of spoken. I can assure you, we are a friendly group, and we do our best to maintain a cordial atmosphere at these forums. Please don't allow a misunderstanding to make you uncomfortable here. We are glad you joined us, and we hope you continue to participate in these forums.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 12-05-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #10

And thank you for your service to our country Willy dog. It's because of people like you that we even have a country that is free and we can read and write and ride without being hassled (too much). And in the ENGLISH language to I might add.
Don't give up on us , it's winter time and we have a lot of time on our hands and I know a lot of things I've said to people get taken the wrong way .I always assumed that if I thought something was funny then everyone else will to. But alas ,you should attend my church sometime. I'm about due for another tar and feathering I think.
Hope to hear much about your experiences with your new RX3. There are no dumb questions here, only sometimes dumb answers.
Hi. I'm Bob, it's been 15 minutes since the last dumb thing I said
rj

Old 12-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
And thank you for your service to our country Willy dog. It's because of people like you that we even have a country that is free and we can read and write and ride without being hassled (too much). And in the ENGLISH language to I might add.
+1 Very much appreciate your service to our country, Willy Dog. Thank you!

As everyone else has stated, this is probably the friendliest and most helpful forum you'll find on the Interweb. Folks like to joke and kid around, but I've not yet seen a post where offense was intended. Spud and Weld do a great job keeping the thoughts and sharing flowing, and the mood cordial.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:30 AM   #12

T'was just a jest.

Quote:
Hi Willy. If I came off as mean or spiteful, I'm sorry. Guess I should have selected Humor font. Normally I will be specific and as technical as possible when addressing a maintenance issue, but I do also like to joke around.

When I joke I TRY to make it as absurd as possible so it is not mistaken for just being an ass.

Thank you also for your service.

Regards, Littleton, Jay S. MSgt, USAF (Ret'd)

Last edited by Jay In Milpitas; 12-06-2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: medication wore off

Old 12-06-2015, 01:08 AM   #13

I also wish I could switch the clock to 12 hour time. Oh well, small price to pay I guess

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 12-06-2015, 03:20 AM   #14

I've gotten to where I just look at the clock and mph speedo on my GPS. rj

Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #15

all is good i liked it i was having a bad day sun is coming up going to get in the mid 40s going to ride the best little 250 out there be safe have fun