Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #1

2015 sound Rider Rally in the Gorge on RX3

A few weeks back I was able to go to one of my favorite rallies in the Columbia River Gorge area at Hood River. I will give a little report on my new Redverz Solo tent, fabricated kickstand pad along with various rally pics and places visited, etc. I think this is the 8 or 9 year I've gone and find it a very relaxing time riding on some of the best mc roads Wash/OR has to offer.
Last year I spent the whole rally starting with my first ambulance ride , and first ever over nighter in the ER at the Hood River hospital. Very nice. Then the rest of the rally watching everyone else have a great time while I was on drugs, pain relievers and drinking buckets of water. All for a lowly kidney stone. They will bring you to your knees believe you me. Scratch that of the old bucket list. So this was an anniversary for me.
I have a few movies of riders on the Mary Hill twisties that will give you a taste of the first paved road west of the Mississippi and is a National Historic sight. Other places I visited this trip were Larch Mountain, great view and ride up and back, Vista House overlook, spectacular. Grass Valley race track, awsume and we'll meet up with old Herman then see a stern wheeler paddle wheel boat. And see some cool fishing places the local Natives ply their trade. Rode along the old Oregon highway 30 past Multnomah Falls and saw pristine views and roads. Then we'll see the aliens departing Mt Baker when they heard who all was running for president.
The RX3 ran great though I wish I had the 14T counter shaft sprocket installed instead of the 13T. The liter bikes were hard to keep up with on the interstate, but we gave it a go and the RX3 ran at 7500-8500 rpms for hours on end at 60-65 GPS mph. MPG sank to 52 with the 13T running those RPMs. Then I got lost on LOLO pass (Oregon one, not the Idaho one) and found myself loving the 13T going down the rocky fire and power line roads in 2nd and 3rd gears. And with a Garmin GPS. No worries.
I'll probably have to post photos in several segments as I have a life and not real fast at this stuff so bare with me. rj

Last edited by rjmorel; 09-19-2015 at 03:52 PM.