Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #2521

dang ,,i messed up ,,,didnt understand,,,,i ordered the regular light ,,,i sent taobao trends an email,,,hope they can correct my mistake

Old 03-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #2522

Did you pay yet? If not, then you don't have a problem. If you did pay, I'm sure they will correct the mistake.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-11-2015, 01:00 AM   #2523

I have a question for the group and more specifically those that already ride an RX-3, either here or abroad. In the past I have added a Scottoiler system to my chain drive bikes. mostly KLR's and VFR's, and have been very pleased with the results. I understand that Scottoiler now make bike specific kits, but can't find anything on their website that relates to the RX-3. Would a generic system be the best choice or is there another chain oiling system out there specifically made for the RX-3? Thanks.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 03-11-2015, 02:11 AM   #2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd love to see a two-tone semi-gloss and flat black. I really like the old Ducati Monster Dark bikes, and the RX-3 would be really sharp like that.
I'd second that vote. I don't have a need for a supermoto but the two-tone black would be a good look.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
I have a question for the group and more specifically those that already ride an RX-3, either here or abroad. In the past I have added a Scottoiler system to my chain drive bikes. mostly KLR's and VFR's, and have been very pleased with the results. I understand that Scottoiler now make bike specific kits, but can't find anything on their website that relates to the RX-3. Would a generic system be the best choice or is there another chain oiling system out there specifically made for the RX-3? Thanks.
I've had a $350 Pro-Oiler on my Versys and a $25 gravity feed unit on my NC700x. They both worked but made a mess on that side of the bike. I'm not sure when going down the freeway how much oil actually gets on the chain or if it just dissipates in the wind. Now I just carry a bottle of oil and when I stop at night, put it up on the center stand and oil chain while its idling in 1st gear . let it sit over night and ride, rj

Old 03-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #2526

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
My experience is the same as rjmorel's. It kept the chain oiled as well as the swing arm, wheel and back of my leg. Also if you take the bike of the pavement I ended up with a gritty paste that was doing more damage than good. I now carry a can of lube and a rag and all is well.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 03-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
some spray does come up the front and also hit the front of the tank through the steering yoke but probably this will be eliminated with the upgraded mudguard thats on your bikes
I didn't realize the mudguard was different until I caught this. Nice observation katflap! The mudguard on CSC's RX3 demo bikes definitely provides more coverage. btw, that Honley guard would look great on the supermoto!

Hey Joe, do you know if the production CSC Cyclones will have the long mudguard?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honley_Venturer_250_mudguard.jpg (31.8 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg CSC_RX3_2_mudguard.jpg (17.2 KB, 302 views)

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 03-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
I didn't realize the mudguard was different until I caught this. Nice observation katflap! The mudguard on CSC's RX3 demo bikes definitely provides more coverage. btw, that Honley guard would look great on the supermoto!

Hey Joe, do you know if the production CSC Cyclones will have the long mudguard?
Ours will have the same front fender as you have seen in all of our photos. We shortened the front fender and the beak on the Supermoto styling study bike.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #2529

they said they would fix my order mistake Spud ,,an it looks as tho they did,,,so i'm hopeful

Old 03-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post

I am very pleased with the way Zongshen keeps upgrading the RX3. We are receiving our bikes at a great time. I'm especially pleased we are getting the upgraded, stainless steel exhaust header.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #2531

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I've had a $350 Pro-Oiler on my Versys and a $25 gravity feed unit on my NC700x. They both worked but made a mess on that side of the bike. I'm not sure when going down the freeway how much oil actually gets on the chain or if it just dissipates in the wind. Now I just carry a bottle of oil and when I stop at night, put it up on the center stand and oil chain while its idling in 1st gear . let it sit over night and ride, rj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
My experience is the same as rjmorel's. It kept the chain oiled as well as the swing arm, wheel and back of my leg. Also if you take the bike of the pavement I ended up with a gritty paste that was doing more damage than good. I now carry a can of lube and a rag and all is well.
I really like the O-ring drive chain technology. You don't need to lubricate an O-ring chain, since the lubrication is stored inside the chain. You merely need to keep the O-rings clean and supple. I'm pleased our RX3 bikes come equipped with a size 520, O-ring drive chain.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-12-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
they said they would fix my order mistake Spud ,,an it looks as tho they did,,,so i'm hopeful
Good for you, Fish.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I really like the O-ring drive chain technology. You don't need to lubricate an O-ring chain, since the lubrication is store inside the chain. You merely need to keep the O-rings clean and supple. I'm pleased our RX3 bikes come equipped with a size 520, O-ring drive chain.
What do you do to your chains Spud for maintenance? Your 64,000 mile 200 isn't still on original chain is it? Thanks, Rj

Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #2534

The Hanjin Germany is back on the move. About two hours ago the vessel was sailing southeast at 13.3 knots from the following location:

Latitude: 35.37496 N Longitude: 125.90229 W

The vessel was due west of San Luis Obispo, and about 450 statute miles from Long Beach. The vessel is scheduled to arrive in Long Beach the morning of Friday, March 13. However, it's impossible to know when the ship will birth, and how long it will take to unload the cargo. Also, we don't know how long it will take for the motorcycles to clear customs, and finally arrive at CSC.

Anticipating the arrival of our motorcycles in sunny, Southern California, here is Randy Newman's tribute to Los Angeles.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
What do you do to your chains Spud for maintenance? Your 64,000 mile 200 isn't still on original chain is it? Thanks, Rj
Talking about drive chain maintenance is almost as controversial as discussing engine oil.

Several days ago my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 passed 68,000 miles on the odometer. I have consumed quite a few drive chains over those miles. Several years ago I switched exclusively to O-ring drive chains on all my motorcycles, since they require less maintenance and adjustment than conventional drive chains. In addition, O-ring drive chains actually cost less than conventional drive chains, since the chain and sprockets last much longer, and you should always replace both sprockets when you replace a drive chain.

As a drive chain rotates around both sprockets, the pins grind against the bushings. As the pins wear down, the drive chain elongates, requiring adjustment. Conventional drive chains need lubrication to fight this friction, and the resulting wear. After the chain elongates to the limits of its adjustment, it should be replaced, because the chain is weakened by the wearing of the pins.

O-ring drive chains last longer because the chain is manufactured with grease stored between the pins and bushings. This lubricant is held in place by the O-rings, as shown in the drawing below.

As long as the O-rings maintain integrity, the drive chain is properly lubricated. If dirt damages the O-rings, or the O-rings become brittle, the lubricant can escape, and the chain will rapidly wear. Therefore, maintaining an O-ring drive chain consists of keeping the O-rings clean and supple.

I rinse the drive chain with a garden hose every time I wash my bike. I then spray WD-40 to displace the water from the drive chain, so the chain won't rust. Then I wipe the WD-40 from the chain with a rag, which also cleans the dirt from the O-rings. The WD-40 is not a lubricant, but it does clean the dirt from the O-rings, and helps to keep the O-rings supple.

Finally, I apply a little 90W gear oil, or chainsaw bar oil, to the rollers in the middle of the chain. The oil lubricates the drive chain between the rollers and the bushings, and also lubricates the contact area between the rollers and the sprockets. I don't oil the O-rings, since the oil will attract dirt and form a grinding paste which will damage the O-rings, thus shortening the life of the drive chain.

If the drive chain gets dirty between washings, I spray a little WD-40 on the O-rings, and wipe it off with a rag. I never oil the O-rings; I only keep them clean and supple. I only apply oil to the middle of the chain to lubricate the bushings, rollers, and sprockets. This practice has worked very well for me, and many others who ride off road in dusty conditions.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-11-2015 at 10:45 PM.