Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #1

Watched the video last night and agree with AdventureDad. Testing the bike on conditions and terrain that it was not designed for in the stock configuration and trying to compare it to a modified /plated dirt bike and a heavily suspension modified KLR is not really a valid "test". I think the test is trying to find the failure point to say "I told you so" on the whole CB thing. He's beaten the bike pretty hard so far and its done really well. He may just end up proving how tough and reliable the RX-3 really is.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #2

Rojo and others, I agree. Just looking at the view counter, these RX3 videos have a much higher viewer count that a lot of his other videos. I read through the comments (and commented as well) and a LOT of folks, the vast majority are interested in the bike and hoping it fares well. There was a valid point made that if the bike survives the abuse then it will look even better, but on the other side of that coin, if it fails (and all bikes break parts) then will we get an "I told you so...blah blah...Chinese crap...blah blah..." that was mentioned. A while back, he did do a very fair comparison of the KLR and the Vstrom. It seemed non-biased and realistic to the design and most common usage of the respective bikes. I wish this one was more like that in regards to riding style and terrain. All said, I am glad the bike is getting "mainstream" exposure, and maybe with his group of dual sport friends, we will discover some good, cheap mods out of all this.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #3

I have been following eveRide for quite a long while now. And boys & girls I must voice my thoughts & opinions here.
He will break it. Somewhere, somehow, I would bet a steak dinner on it.
1) He rides them ALL hard. He is TRYING to find it's weak spot. and he will
find that weak spot. Maybe tear off a front fork. Maybe split the swingarm into.
May blow the motor sky high. Who knows. But it will fail somehow. Test it till it breaks.
2) He will tell everyone to go get a used KLR650 instead of a new RX3 when it is all said and done. You just wait & see.
3) There is nothing, NOTHING else available in the USA made that one can realistically compare the RX3 to. ( as we all know here ). So he has no choice
but to compare it to what he has already ridden.

I am surprised, heck impressed even, how well it DID handle the terrain in yesterdays video!!! Not sure why he kept bogging it down. IT'S A 250, , , DOWNSHIFT DUM A**. . . . . lmao !!!!!

Old 08-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #4

Can I have the steak dinner if I agree with you?

Old 08-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
I have been following eveRide for quite a long while now. And boys & girls I must voice my thoughts & opinions here.
He will break it. Somewhere, somehow, I would bet a steak dinner on it.
1) He rides them ALL hard. He is TRYING to find it's weak spot. and he will
find that weak spot. Maybe tear off a front fork. Maybe split the swingarm into.
May blow the motor sky high. Who knows. But it will fail somehow. Test it till it breaks.
2) He will tell everyone to go get a used KLR650 instead of a new RX3 when it is all said and done. You just wait & see.
3) There is nothing, NOTHING else available in the USA made that one can realistically compare the RX3 to. ( as we all know here ). So he has no choice
but to compare it to what he has already ridden.

I am surprised, heck impressed even, how well it DID handle the terrain in yesterdays video!!! Not sure why he kept bogging it down. IT'S A 250, , , DOWNSHIFT DUM A**. . . . . lmao !!!!!
Man... I'm glad they didn't have test/shootouts like this when I was younger and reading bike mags. "Abuse it till it breaks" isn't a test of quality or craftsmanship, it's entertainment.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Man... I'm glad they didn't have test/shootouts like this when I was younger and reading bike mags. "Abuse it till it breaks" isn't a test of quality or craftsmanship, it's entertainment.
Agreed. As someone else wrote, this is the equivalent of Top Gear for automotive reviews. Entertaining? Yes. Useful? Not so much.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #7

Yes of course. You have to prepare for it, and you have to want to keep it within the limits (bikes and yours). But man, it's rewarding...

Old 08-25-2016, 11:43 PM   #8

I don't care what the dude does to the bike. I just rode 3 legs of the Washington state back road discovery route. When the other riders post their videos this site will blow up with comments. We put our bikes through just as much if not more than this guy. If any of you have ridden the WABDR and have accented the trail to Bethel ridge you know how technical and challenging it can be. The RX3 isn't built for the type of riding we accomplished but guess what? It did it with flying colors. Maybe this bike won't last 50,000 miles but I guarantee I'll enjoy every mile until it won't go another mile. He can bash the bike all he wants. Those who want to buy it are going to and the others are going to bash it because it's Chinese crap. I'd like to see a non-bias review from a real reviewer that uses the bike for what it was intended to do. Well I've said my .02 worth.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #9

I still find it funny that he takes a completely stock RX3... and tries to do a "Timed Run" up against his (almost) fully modded bikes... hell even his KLR 650 is heavily modded to ride extreme off road trails... and his modded 440+ pound KLR is only 2 minutes faster than a stock RX3 with road biased tires...

If he put on better tires and upgrades the suspension (like he has already done to all his other bikes riding the same trail)... and I bet he can easily drop 2 if not 4 or more minutes off his RX3 time

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I still find it funny that he takes a completely stock RX3... and tries to do a "Timed Run" up against his (almost) fully modded bikes... hell even his KLR 650 is heavily modded to ride extreme off road trails... and his modded 440+ pound KLR is only 2 minutes faster than a stock RX3 with road biased tires...

If he put on better tires and upgrades the suspension (like he has already done to all his other bikes riding the same trail)... and I bet he can easily drop 2 if not 4 or more minutes off his RX3 time
Absolutely. I don't know if he's released his test and upgrade plan (if he even has one), but if he intends to upgrade and run that trail again, I'll be very interested in any time/comfort/fun difference he sees compared to the baseline run.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #11

No updates from Everide on his RX3 project. I see he has been busy out riding, but on his other modded bikes. I for one am somewhat anxious for the next installment to be posted. I haven't read any of the comments on his last few videos, has he mentioned anything about it?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 AM   #12

Check out Youtuber jeffthedcguy's response to Everide's review... but first....

Hello gents. New to the forum. Am i the only RX3 owner in NYC? I FINALLY ordered my bike today but it almost didn't happen. I started looking at the bike, reading reviews, watching videos in October and was ready to pull the trigger in November... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. Even though, overwhelmingly, other reviews are positive that's all it took for me to start looking for a used F800GS again. In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of January I flew down to Colombia to visit family and friends and decided to look around for one to rent/buy to use when there. I visited AKT factory and dealerships, the company which assembles the Colombian version of the RX3, their "TT250 Adventour". I looked at some used bikes, tried to rent. To my surprise, the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bike in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMore2 View Post
Check out Youtuber jeffthedcguy's response to Everide's review... but first....

Hello gents. New to the forum. Am i the only RX3 owner in NYC? .... and then I watched Everide's unprofessional review. You can almost see the contempt in a previous video before he has had a chance to ride it. .....In December I found a video review of the SAME Rx3 which Everide had sold at auction to YouTuber jeffthedccguy. Jeffthedcguy's review is FAVORABLE as he respectfully disagrees with Everide's conclusions. At the beginning of January I flew down to Colombia ......... To my surprise, the demand is so great that I could not find one new to purchase. AKT sold in 1.5 years what they had projected to sell in 3 years and now find themselves months behind on their orders.
Besides myself, how many other potential happy customers have been dissuaded by this one unfair review? I'm planning on buying 2 used bike in Colombia to have at the ready for the wife and me.
First, Madsocial is in NY and has a RX3 so you are not all alone. No, she is not in the City. To your larger point, that one crappy review certainly got a lot of attention (including lots of hate mail). People tend to forget that the review is just one person's opinion and that many Youtube reviews are really just an income stream for the author. The more drama one can generate, the more clicks and thus income. In this case you saw a second opinion on the very same machine, with totally different conclusions. I'm happy you included your experience in Columbia. That shows how popular the bike is in a market where the bike is much more than a toy. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #14

I have another dual sport for real heavy trail riding. I've always felt the RX3 is basically a fun "twisty pavement" bike and good for gravel roads and light trails to get to your favorite fishin' hole or camp site. I never really thought it was anything more regarding off-road. It would be like taking a Jeep Patriot (which I own) and thinking it could circumnavigate the Rubicon. Not what it's designed for.........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350