Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2016, 02:40 AM   #1

I think I'm done with making it mine / mods

Thanks to so many members here for all the great ideas, help and support and especially Spudrider.

I finally got the 13 tooth front sprocket on and changed the rear tire to a Shinko SR244 in 4.60 - 17.

Had to replace the replacement carb, the same problem arose after 1600 km where the slide began to rub on the inside wall and cause poor performance. Of course my dealer (not being CSC) would not replace it under warranty, they said I ride in rough conditions (???). I wasn't surprised, Motortstar has no customer service principals .

I got an after market 34mm, flat sided slide carb, Koso brand locally.

But now that baby runs. Great performance from the carb and 21 to 24 kilometers to the liter. Probably could get more but I ride fast and hard. She "get's up and Go's". Loves 80 KPH, get's there right now and get's up to 125 KPH no problem and even on to 140 KPH there isn't any real wait time. I just don't like that 125 plus here with our road conditions.

Oh, and yes Spud and the others about the Mobil 1 diesel motor oil, I changed to that as well, it does seem to have improved the shifting and neutral.

I had ordered all the change over parts prior to October 2015 when I was up in the mud and mountains, those rides would have been much easier with the conversion to it's current stage.

Not sure on what part of those rides I did it but I managed to tear the Meniscus again in my left knee. This may put an end to my dirt riding and even street for many months. Figures doesn't it, spend all that time and money getting it right and then BANG, your out...

Again thanks to everyone here, you have been great and I appreciate all the input.

www.medicalmissionmatters.org