Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #31

Finally got around to doing the oil change. From what i read, the reverse gear as it's own separate gear oil. How do you fill it up? From what i read there's a fill hole on the passenger side by the gear selection, but don't see anything that obvious.

[IMG]GY6 Oil drain plugs by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Gy6 oil by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Gy6 oil by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #32

I figured it out, they share the same fill hole on picture two. What threw me off was on YouTube, videos they fill the scooter with about 20ml of gear oil. Found another thread with buggy where they mention 1 pint of gear oil. Once i added more gear oil, it filled up the reverse gear oil section.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #33

I'm back, quads been good, except for the rear brakes. Put in a new master cylinder, bleed the brakes. Pressure wont build up, checked the obvious for leaks and don't see anything. Bad hose or caliper?

Old 04-28-2020, 02:26 AM   #34

So i ended up purchasing a whole new complete braking system. Installation was strait forward. Had to disconnect one end of the brake lines to clear the frame. Bleed the system, still no brakes. Did the reverse bleeding from the caliber. With a syringe slowly pushed brake fluid to remove any air pockets. After wards bled the system the regular way and still no brakes. loosened the caliper raised it above the master cylinder and bled the system to the same result. Did this method several times and still no brake. I'm stump

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 05-14-2020, 11:32 PM   #35

Found this thread with video to bleed the brakes. Had to do both reverse bleed then removed caliper raised it higher than master cylinder. That did the trick and breaks are working.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...t=bleed+brakes