Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #1

My Hawk is ALIVE!!

Sorry, id post pics,but posting from my phone isn't going so well. Got my Hawk from Texas powersports on Friday. My buddy came over today. I followed the check list and loctited, greased. Flushed the brake system, changed the oil with Rotella. I also put on the Mikuni carb. I had planned to rejet, but my jet kit did not come with any pilot jets, so I left it stock. Also changed the spark plug, greased all electrical connections. Loosened the chain. Tightened the spokes. It was a fun process.

It has a few birthmarks, but nothing terrible. I did have one of the nipples broke off of one of the side fairings, but the screw and other nipple hold it in fine for now. The biggest issue was that I was missing 2 handlebar bolts, but a trip to the hardware store and $4 later, no biggie. One of my screws on the ignition switch stripped out (did not over tighten) but thats also not a huge deal. I expected some snafu's like this.

The bike pretty much fired right up. I only had to do a very minor idle adjustment. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs. Oh, I did overfill the battery acid a tad. Its leaked out some, but I'm thinking of just picking up a new battery at Walmart. Does anyone know offhand which battery I need there?

Anyways, can't wait to ride it more. Had a blast putting it together.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #2

Nice to hear! i've had mine a couple weeks but I'm tearing it down before building it up.

Funny, I thought I was missing 2 handlebar clamp bolts also til I realized that 2 of them were used to hold the metal crate to the bike. DOH, took me a few minutes of swearing to figure it out.

I don't have an answer on the battery, I'll be looking for one myself but I'm gonna run the stock one for this season.

"Do Wheelies and Forget your Feelies"

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?" -unknown

Old 04-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #3

I picked this GEL battery up on Amazon but I haven't received it yet. It has a few rps hawk 250 reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-10-2021, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd View Post
Nice to hear! i've had mine a couple weeks but I'm tearing it down before building it up.

Funny, I thought I was missing 2 handlebar clamp bolts also til I realized that 2 of them were used to hold the metal crate to the bike. DOH, took me a few minutes of swearing to figure it out.

I don't have an answer on the battery, I'll be looking for one myself but I'm gonna run the stock one for this season.
Yep, my crate was missing the bracket that you are speaking of lol.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:42 PM   #5

It's coming Monday so I'll update on how it fits then.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
It's coming Monday so I'll update on how it fits then.
Please do!

Old 04-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #7

The mighty max battery fits good.