Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2021, 06:38 PM   #1

2021 TBR7 Assembly

Hi,

I just got my TBR7 a week ago and am doing the assembly. I have watched a few assembly videos but mine seems to be more unassembled than the videos.

I have some picture with lettered trays that have bolts/washers etc grouped together. I am not sure if the washers with flange are used to attach the rear rack. Also there is a plate with ~1.5 inch center hole and 4 bolt holes, not sure where the plate goes.

The tag place I went to in Warminster PA is sending my registration request to Harrisburg. They said I would get the tag but all L... VINs had to go to Harrisburg first and to expect a 4 to 6 week wait.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Al
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBR7 Plate 1 - Copy.jpg (92.8 KB, 836 views)
File Type: jpg TBR7 Tray A - Copy.jpg (138.5 KB, 794 views)
File Type: jpg TBR7 Tray B - Copy.jpg (93.2 KB, 805 views)
File Type: jpg TBR7 Tray C - Copy.jpg (86.7 KB, 789 views)
File Type: jpg TBR7 Tray D - Copy.jpg (83.8 KB, 802 views)

Old 05-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #2

The washers with the flange are indeed installed with the rear rack. That large metal object with the hole in the middle has me stumped. As far as the additional fasteners, it will be a process of elimination.

Old 05-15-2021, 10:28 PM   #3

its a skid plate on thr bottom of engine

Old 05-18-2021, 01:51 AM   #4

I'm in the same boat. My TBR 7 was equally disassembled. Detailed instructions for assembling handguards but nothing on assembling the rest of the bike. But what I have so far:
In "A", the 4 longer bolts (8mm) are for the front fender.
The copper gasket on B tray is for the muffler. Goes between the engine and the front of the pipe.
Large bolt on C tray is for the shock. The large spacer on that bolt is for the front wheel. Insert it in the side with the disc brake. The two capped nuts are for attaching the muffler to the engine. Cotter pin is for the brakes.
Hope this helps. I'm figuring it out too. If you discover where the rest of the stuff goes, I'd love to know myself!
Good luck!

Old 05-18-2021, 05:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalvo View Post
I'm in the same boat. My TBR 7 was equally disassembled. Detailed instructions for assembling handguards but nothing on assembling the rest of the bike. But what I have so far:
In "A", the 4 longer bolts (8mm) are for the front fender.
The copper gasket on B tray is for the muffler. Goes between the engine and the front of the pipe.
Large bolt on C tray is for the shock. The large spacer on that bolt is for the front wheel. Insert it in the side with the disc brake. The two capped nuts are for attaching the muffler to the engine. Cotter pin is for the brakes.
Hope this helps. I'm figuring it out too. If you discover where the rest of the stuff goes, I'd love to know myself!
Good luck!
I thought that was funny too. Mine came with an instruction booklet for the handguards and nothing for assembling the rest of the bike.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 05-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #6

Good luck with Pa registration hoops.

Testing a YouTube Channel

Old 05-18-2021, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
Good luck with Pa registration hoops.

Glad I'm located in the Live Free or Die state, I had zero issues getting my Hawk registered. Took a few minutes to figure out what Make she had to enter in the computer but other than that, smooth sailing. Got my plate, my registration, and the title should be here soon.

"Do Wheelies and Forget your Feelies"

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?" -unknown

Old 05-19-2021, 10:53 PM   #8

Thanks for all your comments. I had not thought about the exhaust pipe gasket, Thanks!
Since I am in PA I have a few more weeks to try and get this right before my plate arrives.

Old 05-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #9

It took me some time to assemble the TBR7. The next one will go together quickly.
I was missing a few bits, mainly the rear brake linkage. I ended up fabricating one myself since it’s not shown as an available part.

There were two studs included that I never figured out what they were intended for. Any ideas?

Old 05-24-2021, 05:06 PM   #10

Dont mean to hijack this thread, but I figured this was the right place to ask.
I finished assembling my 2021 TBR7 this weekend and had some leftovers. If anybody can tell me what/where they go, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Other than that, it's a blast to ride. Once the clutch breaks in I may even be able to shift into neutral.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210524_135901.jpg (78.4 KB, 657 views)

Old 05-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalvo View Post
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but I figured this was the right place to ask.
I finished assembling my 2021 TBR7 this weekend and had some leftovers. If anybody can tell me what/where they go, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Other than that, it's a blast to ride. Once the clutch breaks in I may even be able to shift into neutral.
The rod is the tank plastic front supports. It bolts to the frame under the tank. I believe the grommet goes in the hole for the frame bolt.
The short cup washers are for the front fender.

Old 05-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #12

Brake Spring on TBR7

Does anyone have a picture of where the brake spring is attached?

Old 05-28-2021, 05:07 AM   #13

Look under the right foot peg. There’s a pin to hook it to there.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:38 PM   #14

Hey, I’m new to the forum but I sense a pattern here. It seems the 2021 models when chosen not assembled are a lot more technically involved. (This forum has been a blessing btw) . I’m wondering how to jack the body up to put in the shock bolt? It’s my first bike build so please take it easy. I’m writing on this post because I also would like to know what all the nuts and bolts are for. I have most of the bike together, but I want to make sure it’s correct.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:42 AM   #15

You can use a floor jack under the motor or use some ratchet straps from the ceiling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210526_143726.jpg (33.3 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg 20210526_182213.jpg (56.1 KB, 532 views)