Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
If you need more room on the intake side you can always remove the motor mount brackets. That's what I had to do on my Ghost and X22R.
I tried to do just that, but didn't see any reasonable way to get the bottom nut off. Top ones are no problem of course. The angle of ID Rider's 2nd pic makes it look easy, but no. Possibly an offset wrench would do it. I forget if I didn't have one the right size or just didn't think to try that.

I'm thinking that when they installed the motor at the factory, they either already had the lower bolt and nut in place, then installed the intake, then put it in the bike. Or installed the entire upper mount, then the intake. I don't see how they could have accessed that lower nut with the intake already there.

When I propped the tank up, I left it on the front mount and just rotated the rear of the tank up, which ID Rider did not do. Looks like he also took it off the front mount and raised the whole tank. So that may be all I have to do.

BTW Jerry, once I was all cried out and got a few consoling words from my psychiatrist via phone consultation, I was fine. Mostly.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-05-2022, 09:45 PM   #17

Yes I lifted the whole tank up. The front of the tank just slides on to two rubber bushings. The wiring and fuel line to the tank is long enough that I could have raised it even higher but the two short pieces of 2x4 were just the right dimension to lift it up enough and hold it level. Once you lift the tank you'll see how easy it will become. (This is coming from someone who has never done this before).

Old 10-05-2022, 10:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
Yes I lifted the whole tank up. The front of the tank just slides on to two rubber bushings. The wiring and fuel line to the tank is long enough that I could have raised it even higher but the two short pieces of 2x4 were just the right dimension to lift it up enough and hold it level. Once you lift the tank you'll see how easy it will become. (This is coming from someone who has never done this before).
Excellent, thanks!
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-14-2022, 11:08 AM   #19

First person who actually makes a good video of this is going on kpx250.com. I keep putting it off.. but I guess now that cold weather is rolling around I will have time.

Tags
lifan kpx 250, valve adjustment