Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #16

So, thats $2500 for the 250 dual sport? Can you order them shipped to you or do you have to pick them up at a dealership? (Noticed there is one in Edmonton) Will it comfortably do highway speeds? Not talking about 120 kmh here, just 100 . Oh, and do they come assembled with warranty? Thank you for your time.[/quote]

Yes..$2499.99 plus tax and shipping/PDI with a 2 yr parts and labour warranty. We would prefer you to support our dealers if you were thinking of purchasing our enduro. You could change the sprockets to increase your your km/h.

Thanks,

Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #17

Hello,
I emailed Xingue (sp?) about that bike that Spud had originally posted on the other day, they finally got back to me today. Got two emails back from them, one from the VP even! Though, could be a wee company so not that big of a deal. He even told me that he rides the XY400 and would set up an appt for me to test ride his... Lol, cept he don't even know where I live! I am asking for an updated price though as I think $5500 is waaaaay too much. You can get an almost new XL650 for that kind of money. Now if it was $3500... I still haven't made my mind up on anything yet, just window shopping and kickin tires so far.

Regards,
Stew

Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #18

Hmmm... Lack of response from the Xinguye guys kind of makes me think I wouldn't really want to deal with em . Plus, they were doing a lot of horn tooting in their emails, usually sets off my alarm bells. Too bad we don't have those Zong's here, I think they look cool!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #19

road trip
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #20

Yeah, how come you guys get all the good stuff?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #21

I've got that Diamo 200 dual sport and while the bike was fun for ripping around in the city, I'm throwing in the towel and picking up a Suzuki DRZ400. All the vibration, electrical problems, nuts and bolts stripping and vibrating out, my whole ignition cylindar just fell off!

Fortunately and unfortunately I was hit by a car on the bike. An adjuster is supposed to come out this week to total it cause she bent the frame and busted a bunch of stuff. Still runs well though.

edit: to original poster, I would bet your transition from a Japanese bike into a Chinese one will be a frustrating one.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
I've got that Diamo 200 dual sport and while the bike was fun for ripping around in the city, I'm throwing in the towel and picking up a Suzuki DRZ400. All the vibration, electrical problems, nuts and bolts stripping and vibrating out, my whole ignition cylindar just fell off!

Fortunately and unfortunately I was hit by a car on the bike. An adjuster is supposed to come out this week to total it cause she bent the frame and busted a bunch of stuff. Still runs well though.

edit: to original poster, I would bet your transition from a Japanese bike into a Chinese one will be a frustrating one.
You might be right my friend! I have been thinking more and more about usage of the dual sport for me and it would involve quite a bit of highway riding I think... More so than I originally thought. Might even like to use it for a work commuter if the ride is good. My Shadow is kind of uncomfortable, almost too low and long with wide handlebars... Hurts the shoulders on long trips. Have done some long trips with it but after a couple of hours the fun fades...

So, looking for a bigger dual purpose as was Spud's original suggestion. Only problem is that for a larger dual purpose Chinese bike, the prices ramp up quite a bit... A lot actually! So, I guess if I do pick up a D/S machine it will probably be a KLR or an XL... Guess I will stick to the Chinese machines for quads and dirtbikes. Though, with what I saved on my two quads I can buy a new KLR.... Hey! What an idea!

Regards,
Stew

Old 11-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #23

Close one!

Whew! I almost took the plunge and bought a 2009 KLR... Good thing it didn't have the battery in it or I would have probably test ridden it and bought it on the spot. Having the chance to sleep on it I think I will save my $7300 and wait till spring... But it was sooooo shiny!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #24

That same bike will still be there in the spring... at a price reduction for last years model....Still $6000 would be very pricy to me for a big useless bush bike.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #25

True, very true

Old 11-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #26

I wouldn't wait till Spring to buy if you have the money now, that's when prices go up and you'll probably lose another grand or more.

Currently, there are a dozen Husqvarna dual sports on my local craigslist for half the price of new and these are 07s and 08s. For the same $3000 it takes to get a new china bike I could get one of these with less than 2000 miles:

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/hus...e_510_2008.php

Looks a bit meaner than the DRZ but like you, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I just know this is the prime time to make a move. For my riding, I'm looking for more dirt capability despite that it will be on pavement 80% of the time.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #27

I think I will just keep an eye out for a good used machine as well. Those Husky's are cool bikes but I have never seen one here. We have a Husky dealership in town (got my lawnmower there) but they only have yard equipment there.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #28

They are having the motorcycle show in Edmonton in January, think I will scope it out as Saga has a bench set up... I would really like to have a look at that 250 they sell. I got an email back from the Xingyue guys yesterday... Lol, took em a week to reply to a simple price request and he couldn't remember what bike I was inquiring on... I told him that it was the 400 dual sport but that I had lost interest in it due to their slow response. You can imagine if they treat a possible sale so laxidasically, how would they treat after sale support? I think they will have to get their act together if they actually expect to sell anything...

Still keeping an eye out for good prices on used jap dual sports too, but they are slim pickings here... Got lots of time though, winter is knocking on our door. Plus, I am toying with the idea of cobbling up a ratbike with dual purpose tires to serve double duty. (and be a fun project!)

Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #29

Wow! After reading all my own posts I really see that I have absolutely no idea what I want to get... Lol, guess I will keep my eyes peeled and see what I end up with eventually. Till then I have the Shadow for street and the quads for dirt, so I got all the bases covered I guess. I am going to give the Saga 250 a good looking over at the bike show though, it looks kind of cool! Hmmm... Why can't the chinese do a knock off of a KLR650?

Old 11-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Hmmm... Why can't the chinese do a knock off of a KLR650?
$$$$$$$$$$