Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #4321

a lot of ugliness on the Canada Moto Guide site ...... you're right - too bad some have to be haters. Makes you wonder what their agenda is in being so nasty.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #4322

It's a pity that there's so many haters, but I can't say that Joe didn't encounter a fair number with the US launch. Pity... mostly because those folks who don't like the business model, have preconceived notions of Chinese quality, or both... well, they won't know how good the bike is that they're missing-out on. Or perhaps that might be a good thing as all that pee and vinegar will end up going another direction, and you sure wouldn't want those folks informally representing your product!

In the end... those who are willing to take a chance to just look... they can make their own informed decision. And I'd bet a good number will convert to buyers. Those that have their mind made up not to look will never look, and any amount of convincing is just wasted effort.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #4323

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
...you sure wouldn't want those folks informally representing your product!
Excellent point! I'm guessing that Joe already understands that, hence his responses to trolls. Ideally, he'll attract sophisticated, open-minded buyers.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #4324
Banned

Question RX3 Swing arm spools?

Does the CSC RX3 have threaded holes on the swing arm for mounting spools so that a track stand can be used to lift the rear wheel for maintenance?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #4325

The internet is filled with trolls. They usually don't last very long here. We have a nice group of friendly, helpful people at China Riders.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #4326

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
Does the CSC RX3 have threaded holes on the swing arm for mounting spools so that a track stand can be used to lift the rear wheel for maintenance?
Hi Pismocycleguy,

I don't believe the swing arms on the RX-3 has threaded holes for spools. But for not a lot of money, this Harbor Freight swing arm stand should be able to work well for any kind of service requiring lifting the rear wheel:

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ear-stand.html

Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #4327

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
No, the swingarm doesn't have threaded holes. However, I use my T-Rex swingarm stand to lift the rear wheel. I use this swingarm stand on all my bikes; I like it a lot. I review this swingarm stand at the following link.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5146

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #4328
Banned

How stable is this stand without spools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
No, the swingarm doesn't have threaded holes. However, I use my T-Rex swingarm stand to lift the rear wheel. I use this swingarm stand on all my bikes; I like it a lot. I review this swingarm stand at the following link.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5146

I used a stand like this with my 2012 KLR650 and had a hard time keeping the bike from slipping off those little rubber pegs on the track stand. Had to catch the bike numerous times as it was about to topple over, especially when I was trying to remove a stubborn faster or high torque bolt. And the KLR was a lot heavier than most China Bikes.
On my previous bikes, with spools, never had close calls with tip overs and slip offs.
But thanks for the information.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #4329

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Hi Pismocycleguy,

I don't believe the swing arms on the RX-3 has threaded holes for spools. But for not a lot of money, this Harbor Freight swing arm stand should be able to work well for any kind of service requiring lifting the rear wheel:

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ear-stand.html
I have the HF stand too. It's working great and the swingarm cradles are very strong and stable.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 10-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #4330

X3 on the HF stand. I've been using mine for a couple of years now.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #4331

Here's one I haven't come across so far-my license plate light housing disappeared somewhere on the eastern plains of Colorado yesterday! I emailed this pic to the service department at CSC yesterday, and haven't heard back as of tonight. I'll give them a call tomorrow if I don't hear from them. Not a huge deal, but y'all might want to check yours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1012151253.jpg (98.3 KB, 210 views)

Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 AM   #4332

Liscense light

Good catch, Matty.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #4333

*checks fasteners*

Old 10-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #4334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Man, the trolls sure come out, don't they? I feel bad that Joe has to deal with so many jerks on internet forums. I was really disappointed to read the negative comments on the Canada Moto Guide site.
It's not a big deal, guys, and in fact, it has actually helped us. We welcome all comments, both positive and negative. That said, there's a whole chapter in 5000 Miles At 8000 RPM on this sort of rude Internet behavior. What these guys don't appreciate is just how predictable they are.

Addressing these comments is part of what we do. Some folks have "advised" us not to engage the trolls because it could hurt. Our experience, with your help, has been just the opposite.

It helps to understand what is driving the haters. They generally fall into three categories.

One category of haters includes those who have made up their minds (most likely without ever having seen the RX3) that because it is Chinese, it must be of low quality. I would consider that to be a racist sentiment. They have prejudged the product based on the people who made it. When I address whatever outrageous sentiment they are ignorant enough to post (child labor, low wages, slave labor, metallurgy, whatever), they jump to the next imagined issue. After they run out of imagined things to criticize, the posts usually end by the poster's disappearance, or the poster calls me a name and then they disappear. It's quite predictable. Every time they post, though, the thread goes back up to the top of the page. We like that.

The next category of haters includes guys who go off on the dealer-free approach. Usually, these folks later expose themselves to either be a dealer, or someone who works for a dealer. You can see this on the Canada Moto Guide comments you reference above. The self-interest is evident, but that's okay. Every time they post, the thread goes back up to the top of the page. Again, we view that as a good thing.

Some guys are just strange and they are down on everything. Once in a while I'll send a hater a private message to ask them if they have additional information or if they know more than I do, or if we have somehow done something to offend them. They are cowards; they never respond to a private message. There are very few haters on this board, mostly because the folks here are knowledgeable and quickly pile on to address the sweeping inaccurate generalizations made by those who are ignorant, racist, or who are just plain miserable people who desire only to spew venom. Nearly all of the people who come to this board are here to exchange ideas and to learn about new things; there are very few negative boys here. Chinariders has done an admirable job in attracting a good crowd.

I am convinced there is something wrong with the haters. I almost feel sorry for them. Their lives must be very empty. Somewhere in their lives, the wheels came off the wagon. Their parents did a poor job teaching them how to interact with other people, or they have a chemical imbalance in their brains, or there is something else wrong in their lives. I seriously doubt that many of them actually ride. Whatever. It sure hasn't slowed our sales; if anything, the Internet comments (positive and negative) just keeping bumping the threads to the top of the page, we get the free publicity, the sales keep coming in, and we keep doing our best to keep our customers happy. That Canada Moto Guide article now has nearly 70 comments (their other articles typically get 0 to 4 comments), and comments for the last few days have been overwhelmingly positive. We're going to sell a lot of motorcycles in Canada.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #4335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Nearly all of the people who come to this board are here to exchange ideas and to learn about new things; there are very few negative boys here. Chinariders has done an admirable job in attracting a good crowd.
I agree 100%.
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)