Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Banned

Question RX3 Swing arm spools?

Does the CSC RX3 have threaded holes on the swing arm for mounting spools so that a track stand can be used to lift the rear wheel for maintenance?

Old 10-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
Does the CSC RX3 have threaded holes on the swing arm for mounting spools so that a track stand can be used to lift the rear wheel for maintenance?
Hi Pismocycleguy,

I don't believe the swing arms on the RX-3 has threaded holes for spools. But for not a lot of money, this Harbor Freight swing arm stand should be able to work well for any kind of service requiring lifting the rear wheel:

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ear-stand.html

Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Hi Pismocycleguy,

I don't believe the swing arms on the RX-3 has threaded holes for spools. But for not a lot of money, this Harbor Freight swing arm stand should be able to work well for any kind of service requiring lifting the rear wheel:

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ear-stand.html
I have the HF stand too. It's working great and the swingarm cradles are very strong and stable.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
No, the swingarm doesn't have threaded holes. However, I use my T-Rex swingarm stand to lift the rear wheel. I use this swingarm stand on all my bikes; I like it a lot. I review this swingarm stand at the following link.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5146

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Banned

How stable is this stand without spools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
No, the swingarm doesn't have threaded holes. However, I use my T-Rex swingarm stand to lift the rear wheel. I use this swingarm stand on all my bikes; I like it a lot. I review this swingarm stand at the following link.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5146

I used a stand like this with my 2012 KLR650 and had a hard time keeping the bike from slipping off those little rubber pegs on the track stand. Had to catch the bike numerous times as it was about to topple over, especially when I was trying to remove a stubborn faster or high torque bolt. And the KLR was a lot heavier than most China Bikes.
On my previous bikes, with spools, never had close calls with tip overs and slip offs.
But thanks for the information.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #6

The internet is filled with trolls. They usually don't last very long here. We have a nice group of friendly, helpful people at China Riders.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #7

X3 on the HF stand. I've been using mine for a couple of years now.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #8

Here's one I haven't come across so far-my license plate light housing disappeared somewhere on the eastern plains of Colorado yesterday! I emailed this pic to the service department at CSC yesterday, and haven't heard back as of tonight. I'll give them a call tomorrow if I don't hear from them. Not a huge deal, but y'all might want to check yours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1012151253.jpg (98.3 KB, 213 views)

Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 AM   #9

Liscense light

Good catch, Matty.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #10

*checks fasteners*

Old 10-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBoy1976 View Post
Here's one I haven't come across so far-my license plate light housing disappeared somewhere on the eastern plains of Colorado yesterday! I emailed this pic to the service department at CSC yesterday, and haven't heard back as of tonight. I'll give them a call tomorrow if I don't hear from them. Not a huge deal, but y'all might want to check yours!
I'm surprised that cover has three attachment holes at the bottom, but none at the top. To remove the cover I assume you must grab it, bend it down, and pull it off.

It might not be a bad idea to drill a hole in the top of the cover and the fender, and attach the top of the cover to the fender with a black zip tie.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I'm surprised that cover has three attachment holes at the bottom, but none at the top. To remove the cover I assume you must grab it, bend it down, and pull it off.

It might not be a bad idea to drill a hole in the top of the cover and the fender, and attach the top of the cover to the fender with a black zip tie.
Not a bad idea...I'm not even sure how the housing is supposed to be attached, as there are no threads anywhere to be seen in any of the three holes. Surprisingly, I have not yet got an email back from anyone at CSC. I was going to call them today, but I went for a ride instead

Old 10-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBoy1976 View Post
Not a bad idea...I'm not even sure how the housing is supposed to be attached, as there are no threads anywhere to be seen in any of the three holes. Surprisingly, I have not yet got an email back from anyone at CSC. I was going to call them today, but I went for a ride instead
I'm sorry this happened (the lack of response to your email). The guys are usually pretty good about getting back to people. Please call us (909 445 0900) or shoot us another email and we'll respond. I'm not sure what you're asking because I haven't found the original post. We'll get you an answer.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #14

It's the keyboard anonimity, those folks probably would never tell you those kind of things in person. They have fun that way it seems

Old 10-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #15

I have found even on the TW200 forum (which I am sad to see) the "China made" hate or dislike if you will, you know it is made in China it must be junk. Or you hear the snotty comment it is not a BMW or a Tiger etc. Well it is not a $20,000 dollar bike either. People put down it's power but again it is not a 1200cc bike. It is odd no one seems to compare apples to apples. I like to be fair if they compared it to a Honda CRF250L or the likes they would find more balanced ground even though there is no other bike really in the RX3s class.