Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Banned

Head Scratching Zongshen TT Bike?

Joe Berk keeps talking about the newest bike at CSC, the TT, and how it is terrific and how he has taken it out for several test rides on several different days, but then no follow up ride postings or photos!
Joe, why mention a bike and brag about it if you're not allowed by your bosses to actually give any details? Does it actually exist? Or was it in one of your dreams?
Talk, talk, talk, except no information.

Last edited by pismocycleguy; 08-08-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shammash55 Send a message via Yahoo to shammash55
Irate

exactly. saw some photos but thats it. damnit more info.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #3

I'm sure it's real, but I'd like more info too!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #4

I would assume there are about a million details to work out before they decide officially if this is a bike they are going to represent in the market.

/

Old 08-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #5

There is some information regarding the TT bike in the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14998

I think Adjuster is correct.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-09-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
Banned

Sharing some information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I would assume there are about a million details to work out before they decide officially if this is a bike they are going to represent in the market.
/
Maybe if CSC would share a little more information regarding the TT they could gauge if there is enough interest in the bike to warrant more development to meet importing requirements. Maybe potential buyers are waiting for another bike option with less accoutrements, weight and cost than the RX-3. Or pass on it if the customer interest is lacking.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:27 AM   #7
Banned

Thumbs Up Good Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

SpudRider,
Thanks for the Information thread above. Very helpful, and interesting.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #8

Guys, thanks for the interest. We'll be posting more in the near future.

Pismo, feel free to contact us directly if you have questions.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #9
Banned

Thumbs Up Lighter is much better!

The Zongshen TT appears as if it would substantially weigh less than the RX-3.
If that is true, it would meet my needs and uses much better. The downside to the TT is the non-fuel injection. If Zongshen could place the RX-3's engine and 6 speed gearbox in the TT, that would be a sweet ride. (I don't know what the engine size, weight or how many speeds the transmission of the TT has?)
Also, since the RX-3 engine and transmission is already CARB approved, the certification process might be simplified?
Anyway, a much lighter, less weight than the RX-3, (250 to 300 lbs.) with the same engine and tranny, would be a popular bike with me!
A guy can only hope!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #10
Banned

Spare parts availability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
SpudRider,
If appears that you have owned a lot of Chinese Bikes. What has your experience been when needing spare or replacement parts.
Have there been local sources (within your State or the USA) or have you had to source your parts from the Chinese factory directly?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #11

Nice looking bike but unlike the RX3 I don't see the TT filling a particularly big niche in the market as there are already several inexpensive Chinese 200/250cc dual sport bikes available, however if the CSC-Zongshen name becomes synonymous with good quality and parts and service support, it could help sales tremendously. The Zongshen 200 (imported by Roketa) that my daughter rides has a low seat height and light weight (220 lb) making it a good fit for shorter people. If the TT is similar, it might sell.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
SpudRider,
If appears that you have owned a lot of Chinese Bikes. What has your experience been when needing spare or replacement parts.
Have there been local sources (within your State or the USA) or have you had to source your parts from the Chinese factory directly?
Finding engine parts for Chinese bikes is easier than finding plastic side covers, et cetera. I used to order parts for my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 from Zongshen America, but when they closed shop I started to order parts directly from China, using a Taobao agent.

I now order parts for my Zongshen RX3 from both CSC, and Taobao. Ordering parts from CSC is very quick and easy. In my opinion, the customer service from CSC is excellent for any brand of motorcycle, and unparalleled in the world of Chinese motorcycles. If CSC stocks all parts for the TT as it does for the RX3, and offers a similar warranty, the customer support for the TT will be unmatched by other vendors of dual sport, Chinese motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #13
Banned

Thumbs Up How about a "stripper" RX-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Guys, thanks for the interest. We'll be posting more in the near future.
Since the Zongshen TT seems to have some outdated features( such as carburetor, 5-speed tranny, kick starter, low HP and incorrect gearing) compared to the RX-3, how about CSC offering a "stripper" (lighter weight) model of the RX-3?
By this I mean a model more in the image of the TT. An RX-3 sans the crashbars, the side hard bags and required racks, the top hard bag and required rack, but maintaining the F.I., windshield, 6 speed tranny and adding the 19" front wheel.This would reduce the weight for better off road riding, increase the performance and also reduce the selling price. A win-win for the off road enthusiast! This would be more in the style of bike I'm looking to purchase. Lighter weight, more get up and go and less accessories means a better handling bike off road in the dirt or sand. I was an early subscriber to the RX-3, but did not purchase one as I didn't want to purchase and store the accessories that I didn't want or need. (See above)
Or does CSC "already offer" this model??
Maybe I'm just missing the information on the CSC site?

Old 08-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #14

The TT looks like a nice bike. In my opinion it would be the CSC name that makes it or breaks it. I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium if CSC could promise something like a 1 year warranty, free endless technical support from their experienced staff and buyer purchased endless parts supply. I want every part available and ready to ship from their warehouse. I don't want to hunt China for parts. That being said my reasonable price point would have to be $2,000.00. Any more then that and I am sticking with the readily available $1,200 to $1,500 offerings from China that keep getting better every day.

/

Old 08-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
The TT looks like a nice bike. In my opinion it would be the CSC name that makes it or breaks it. I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium if CSC could promise something like a 1 year warranty, free endless technical support from their experienced staff and buyer purchased endless parts supply. I want every part available and ready to ship from their warehouse. I don't want to hunt China for parts. That being said my reasonable price point would have to be $2,000.00. Any more then that and I am sticking with the readily available $1,200 to $1,500 offerings from China that keep getting better every day.
/
Adjuster,
I believe that CSC is currently offering a TWO warranty on the RX-3. So they would probably do the same if, and when, they offer a TT model?
I'm curious to know what State you reside in. I'm in California and discovered that many, or most, Chinese bikes are not CARB certified so they cannot be sold in California. How about your State?
Can you share any websites where I can actually purchase a Chinese bike besides CSC? I'm mainly interested in motorcycles with engine displacement of 250cc's or larger.